VOIP Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Quantico, VA 22134, US
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a VOIP Engineer to join our team at our client s site in Quantico, VA.
As the VoIP Engineer, you will:
- Perform day-to-day activities required to manage Voice services, such as design, implementation, and management, to include troubleshooting of complex VOIP issues
- Performs testing, provision, operations, and emergency response for ongoing VOIP network operations
- Oversee and manages the deployment of upgrades to existing voice, video, and other related systems in a multi-location environment
- Manage all components of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Ensure all required operational and support documents are current and up to date
- Work continuously on improving relevant systems, applications, and infrastructure, and processes
- Maintain a current understanding of emerging technologies and trends in cloud service and other datacenter technologies
- Support cyber security by mitigating vulnerabilities, researching, and applying security updates, and supporting on-going security monitoring
- Analyze and isolate VOIP issues with a demonstrated hands-on experience maintaining the following VOIP systems: Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity, Cisco IM & Presence, Cisco Emergency Responder, Redbox, ASA Firewalls, SIP H.323, and PSTN
- Provisioning customer VOIP features on the Cisco Unified Communication Manager and troubleshooting
- Tier 2/3 troubleshooting and assisting tier 1 to include training
- Experience with cable management and patching with ethernet and analog phones
- Knowledge of Cisco Contact Center Express (UCCX) or Automatic Call Distributor (ACD)
- Responsible for documenting system requirements and working with the customer, vendors, and internal engineers to deploy, install, and test the necessary hardware infrastructure that meets the customer s requirements of those systems.
- Excellent customer service skills working in a fast pace environment servicing several agencies
- Bachelor s degree in a technical area; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of experience designing, building, and/or maintaining communications systems
- 2 years current experience with Cisco UCS
- Requires experience with engineering datacenter and IP backbone networks in a multi-vendor, multi-protocol environment -- including networks based on T1, DS3, Fiber/Optical, DSL, Ethernet, ATM, Frame Relay, and Ethernet over Copper core, distribution, and access media
Required: DoD 8570 - IAT Level II (ex. Security+) and CCNA (ex. Collaboration or Routing & Switching)
Required: Active Top Secret (TS) clearance; must be eligible to obtain SCI-level adjudication
- CASP (IAT Level 3 ILO CISSP) highly preferred
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.