Traffic Signal Foreman - Miami, Florida Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Miami, FL, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Traffic Signal Foreman - Miami, Florida to join our team at our client’s site in Miami, Florida.
Traffic Signal Foreman
Requisition ID 215022
Experience Level Experienced Professional
Country / Region United States of America
Full-time / Part-time / Either Full-time
Postal Code 33122
Additional Posting Locations
- Country/Region: United States of America
- State/Province/County: Florida
- City: Miami
Global Job Family Engineering
Global Job Sub Family General Engineering
Legal Entity Siemens Mobility, Inc
Division Siemens Mobility
Business Unit Intelligent Traffic Systems
Job Description Mobility in the United States is in the middle of a technological revolution. Siemens Mobility Inc., Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is a partner to agencies and companies in their transformation combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow’s needs today.
We at ITS help make agencies smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management, and Smart Lighting. Also providing Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service – we are at the forefront of Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
We are seeking a Traffic Signal Foreman to join our project team in Miami, Florida. Successful candidates will have spent at least three to five years in ITS solutions and infrastructure projects preferably in the State of Florida.
The traffic signal foreman is responsible for the installation and upgrade of traffic signals and ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) equipment as well the supervision and managing of crews and equipment. The work can include related maintenance repair, and ongoing operation works. Qualified applicants will have excellent troubleshooting skills working with a wide range of traffic signal and ITS equipment. Works independently and as part of a team to provide optimum levels of service to our agency customers.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalency is required.
• Minimum 3-5 years of recent, verifiable experience as a traffic signal maintenance technician.
• International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Traffic Signal II Certification or higher
• FDOT approved Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) certification.
• Journeyman Electrician License beneficial (Miami Dade County or Reciprocating County)
• Proven experience running crews
• Must be proficient with basic computer skills including excel, word, outlook, electronic devices, etc.
• Must understand the importance of meeting budgets, schedules, etc.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, traffic signal plans/specifications and procedure manuals.
• Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
• Must be able to move supplies and equipment of up to 75 lbs.
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Must be able and willing to work at heights typically associated with installation, repair, and maintenance of traffic signals and streetlights.
• Must be able to pass a DOT (Department of Transportation) physical exam and drug test.
• May be required to get bucket truck operator certification.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Able to read and interpret plans
• Knowledge of Miami Dade County Traffic Signal and Specs Standards
• Basic knowledge of NEC standards
• Installs, configures, maintains and troubleshoots a wide variety of traffic signal equipment components and devices, such as traffic signal controllers, MMU’s, conflict monitors, vehicle detectors (e.g. inductive loops, video, magnetometer, microwave detectors), detector cards and racks, pedestrian crossing indicators, etc.
• Performs repair, removal, and replacement of traffic signal controllers and other equipment.
• Set’s up traffic control in high and low speed environments.
• Installs, maintains, and repairs cabinet wiring and intersection wiring.
• Completes reports and performs communications in accordance with company policy and local practices.
• Reports the technical status of the system with accuracy and completeness.
• Troubleshoots and Isolates of faults in units or components
• Field test of units or components; tests devices to ensure they work correctly.
• Maintenance of spare equipment and parts following established procedures.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.