Traffic Signal Field Technician - Miami, Florida Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Miami, FL, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Traffic Signal Technician (Field) - Miami, Florida to join our team at our client’s site in Miami, Florida.
We are seeking a Sr. Traffic Signal Technician to join our project team in Miami, Florida. Successful candidates will have spent at least five years in ITS solutions and infrastructure projects preferably in the State of Florida.
Candidate will be a part of an engineering team during project implementation. This role requires applying professional engineering best practices in ITS industry, communication skills, as well as a strong background in traffic and transportation engineering.
The role requires a track record of solid technical, organizational, and communication skills and as well as professional engineering experience in the ITS industry.
- Technical degree in electrical engineering
- Five (5) years of experience in ITS industry
- Expertise in traffic signal control systems, field controller hardware and software, central software, testing
- IMSA Traffic Signal Technician Level 1
- IMSA Traffic Signal Bench Technician Level 2 or higher beneficial
- Experience with 170 and 2070 controller hardware, SEPAC controller software beneficial
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Perform controller database conversions maintaining data integrity using standard operating procedures (SOPs) and existing timing plans
- Program traffic signal controllers to download/upload and modify signal timing plans
- Prepare and maintain conversion and testing checklists
- Perform controller (bench) testing (functional, environmental, etc.)
- Prepare updated intersection signal timing documentation
- Develop specific testing procedures for controller deployment
- Assure compliance with current MUTCD, FDOT TEM and other applicable standards
- Contribute to the improvement of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Maintain signal timing database and data relevant to the central control system
- Participate in acceptance testing for controller database conversions
- Identify need for hardware and/or wiring modifications
- Document potential issues and identify root cause
- Provide first level support, assist in the resolution of issues relating to traffic and track issues to completion
- Support controller field deployments and maintenance activities, e.g. material returns process (RMA)
- Ensure proper filing/storage of documentation – e.g. drawings, assets, logs, procedures
- Identify risks and opportunities and act accordingly
- Report on the progress of the activities
- Ensure that all activities are performed according to the corresponding quality documents and standards and support quality assurance and control activities
- Perform inbound, onsite, and outbound material management
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.