Technical Writer - Bay Area - near Redwood City Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Redwood City, CA 94063, US
3-6 Month Contract
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Technical Writer to join our team remotely in the Pacific Time Zone for our client in Redwood City, CA.
As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for creating effective product documentation, videos, walk-throughs, and tutorials in a fast-paced environment for a cutting-edge cloud product in a CI/CD environment.
You will work closely with software engineers, UX designers, and product managers, and other doc team members to create great user-facing content. You will also help with internal process and operation documentation.
In the role of Technical Writer, you will be an influential member of the larger documentation team and will collaborate and excel within the team and cross functionally. You will strive to create content that helps increase customer adoption and helps the engineering team build solid internal documentation to improve development operations.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
• Write highly technical and business user content that describes the product functionality
• Compile and test online help
• Create project and documentation plans, maintain a schedule, and communicate documentation status to documentation manager or lead
• Develop tutorials to improve first user experience
• Work with the UX, product management, and engineering teams to define terminology and deliver meaningful error messages and useful UI strings
• Contribute how-to articles, knowledge base articles, videos, walk-throughs, and other useful content
• Edit documentation for completeness, style, and accuracy to ensure it reflects our commitment to quality
• BA/MA/BS/MS or equivalent (engineering, technical communications, humanities, social sciences) preferred
• Minimum 5+ years of relevant professional experience
• Excellent analytical and written communication skills
• Excellent project and time management skills
• Able to quickly learn technical information
• Able to meet deadlines and help others meet them
• Able to multitask, prioritize, and maintain schedules
• Able to analyze and document development processes
• Able to write to technical and business user audiences
• Able to understand customer requirements and incorporate them into the documentation
• Able to collaborate successfully with cross functional and cross geographical team members
• Attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, and owns and acts on quality problems
What We’d Like to See
• Knowledge of data management and cloud concepts
• Experience with DITA, XMetaL, content management systems, source control systems, Jira, and Confluence
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, video software, e-learning software, and/or WalkMe
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.