Technical Project Manager - Miami, FL Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Miami, CA, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Technical Project Manager to join our team at our client’s site in Miami, California.
We are seeking a Technical Project Manager to join our project team in Miami, Florida. Successful candidates will have spent at least 10 years in progressively responsible positions in ITS solutions and transportation infrastructure projects exceeding $10M in budget. Ideal candidates will have experience working on Florida projects, with project controls (including cost and risk management), claims management, commissioning and integration.
Candidates are a subject matter expert focusing on Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) and Smart Cities solutions - including ATMS interfaces with Connected and Autonomous Vehicles, Traffic Management, and Adaptive Traffic Control. They will be responsible for leading project teams during project execution and meeting business goals and customer satisfaction by executing the project on time and in budget.
The role requires a proven track record of solid leadership, technical, organizational, and communication skills and as well as professional engineering experience in the ITS industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- MBA or M.S. degree preferred with specialization in ITS
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) license
- PMP certification, PMI
- 10 years of experience in ITS industry developing concepts and delivering complex projects with outstanding customer satisfaction
- Outstanding communication, leadership, interpersonal and customer intimacy skills
- Understanding of fundamentals of traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive, transit signal priority, and V2I solutions
- Oversee a complete large-scale retrofit and integration of signalized intersections to a new ATMS, local controller software, and Caltrans Model 2070LX traffic controllers
- Oversee additional engineering services necessary to develop, provide and integrate additional traffic signal operational features and functions further to the above. This includes Adaptive Signal Timing/Solutions, Center-to-Center Transit Signal Priority and other ITS systems
- The above areas both include data collection, design and engineering, field deployment, testing and commissioning, documentation and training as well as other related activities to deliver a complete ITS solution.
- Deliver project on time, in budget and in line with required quality
- Coordinate with internal departments and external partners
- Successfully deliver the project based on customer requirements and Siemens (PM@Siemens) project management guidelines
- Lead project teams and direct subject matter experts, support functions, and third-party partners to execute customer projects and achieve project targets
- Interface and communicate with the customer, suppliers and subcontractors on all project related topics, risks and opportunities
- Performs detailed planning of the work packages, the resources needed and time schedule. Organizes and supervises the interface, requirements and configuration management
- Ensures compliance with regards to technical, deadlines, commercial and qualitative project targets in consideration of guidelines
- Defines the technical measurement criteria and control factors for the project
- Identifies early deviations in the project and problem causes and proposes sustainable solutions
- Apply both PMP and Professional Engineering principles
- Professional and eloquent communication with vendors, subcontractors, engineering consultants and customers
- Lead customer facing activities (customer interviews, Q/A sessions, project milestone meetings, design approvals, final acceptance procedures) from project start to final project acceptance
- Drive all external and internal offer approval and release requests and processes in expedited manner and with highest quality
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.