Technical Product Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Colorado Springs, CO 80921, US
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Technical Product Manager to join our team at our client’s site in Colorado Springs, CO.
The Technical Product Manager (TPM) will coordinate DoD and commercial product development and contract management activities in a fast-paced highly technical R&D environment. The TPM will also support the commercialization of advanced PNT products and will also work closely with strategic partners, customers, engineers, company management, vendors and suppliers, in order to communicate program-related direction and decisions. The TPM will also perform day-to-day project management on contracts to assure that milestones and deliverables are met on time and on budget.
- Develops and maintains project plans and projections, coordinates the effective use of resources, manages deliverables, schedules and costs
- Coordinates efforts of a diverse set of engineers on programs with hardware, firmware, software and modeling/simulation research expertise, for the design, development, and maintenance of positioning, navigation and timing systems. Orchestrates activities to develop new systems and enhance/extend existing systems to support customer needs
- Works with partners to identify, plan, and execute initiatives for development and marketing of new products for commercial and DoD applications
- Oversees the product development lifecycle including requirements generation, design, implementation, integration and testing, both in our facilities as well as in the field, locally and at customer operational testing sites
- Prepares customer briefings, and supports customer product and field demonstrations
- Coordinates proposal development to include developing resource estimates, statements of work, milestone identification, deliverables, scheduling, and costing
- Leads and participates in product-related process improvement initiatives
- Supervises the engineering team to assure on-schedule and on-budget project execution
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Four +years project management experience with U.S. Government, DoD and commercial contract and sub-contract program management including managing customer relationships, schedule and budget management.
- Experience supervising technical/engineering teams
- Experience with the use of MS Project and Excel for project planning and execution and resource forecasting.
- Experience with generating technical and cost proposals
This position requires a motivated self-starter and team player with the ability to address diverse challenges in a complex environment – amongst these challenges are inter-program technology dependencies and mid-program technology changes. Excellent organization and communication skills are a must. An ability to operate fluidly and efficiently and to motivate and monitor technical staff assigned in a matrix organization will contribute to the incumbent’s success.
Citizenship, Education, and Security Clearance
- Individuals with an active security clearance are preferred. US Citizenship is required. Candidates without active security clearance will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or ten years relevant technical experience
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.