Systems Reliability Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Herndon, VA 20170, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Systems Reliability Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Herndon, VA.
· Manage, support, and maintain a reliable environment for the site in order to ensure the stability and security of multiple systems/platforms that are run or operated in that environment.
· Develop or contribute to solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
· Oversee the development of more robust systems by building a resilient infrastructure.
· Build in redundancy, implement monitoring tools, and automate wherever possible and reduce toil by scripting routine tasks and automating self-repair.
· Must have a Bachelors in Computer Science or related fields.
· Experience in developing and managing Service Level Objectives (SLOs) for production systems.
· Demonstrated experience in managing incident response teams (i.e., triaging, prioritizing, and troubleshooting), detailing root cause analysis (RCAs), corrective actions and leading postmortems.
· Experience in developing operational playbooks/runbooks, and disaster recovery testing.
· Experience with reviewing system design and architecture documentation and preparing materials addressing security controls.
· Experience working across product development teams to understand program goals.
· Experience establishing or working with “help desk” type ticket tracking and similar support processes.
· Extensive experience with monitoring tools (e.g., Sysdig, New Relic, Twistlock, Splunk, etc.) and understanding and expertise to automate alerting functions.
· 3+ years of experience with Linux and Windows OS.
· 2+ years of experience with DevOps/DevSecOps through CI/CD pipeline tools such as Jenkins.
· 2+ years of experience with Jenkins and Github/Git/Gitflow.
· 1+ years of experience with Docker and Containers.
· 2+ years of experience with Agile Development.
· 2+ years of experience with Infrastructure as code: Terraform, Cloud Formation, Ansible, Packer.
· 2+ years of experience with AWS services: EC2, RDS, Secrets Manager, IAM etc.
· 2+ years of experience with troubleshooting application and testing automation (e.g., Selenium).
· 1+ year of experience analyzing observability metrics, logs, traces.
· AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
· Must have AWS experience
· Ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust clearance.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.