Systems Engineer (Space/Satellite Systems) - ENG05 - Cleared On-Site Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Aurora, CO, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Systems Engineer (Space/Satellite Systems) - ENG05 - Cleared On-Site to join our team at our client’s site in Aurora, CO.
The Systems Engineering Center (SEC) is seeking a Bus Electrical Power Systems Engineer for the Space Systems (SS) Mission Area. The Bus Electrical Power Systems Engineer will be involved in developing the Electrical Power Subsystem (EPS) for a high-powered, Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite mission, for which our client is the prime contractor. The satellite bus (and the EPS) will be designed and delivered by an industrial partner – so this position will focus more on the systems engineering and management functions and less on performing detailed hardware design. The successful candidate should also expect to be immersed in a fast-paced and team-based environment where an individual with talent and initiative stand-out and thrive.
- Lead the Electrical Power Subsystem systems engineering at Space Vehicle-level, working with the bus supplier to establish the architecture and meet all interfaces and mission requirements. This includes sizing the satellite’s power generation and storage, owning the power budget, developing the power interfaces, defining mission CONOPs
- Supervise the bus supplier in the detailed design, manufacturing, assembly, verification and operation of the EPS (travel to the bus supplier site will be required). Ensure the bus supplier and their subcontractors deliver an EPS system that meets mission requirements and customer expectations
- Perform SV-level analysis and trade studies of the EPS subsystem, in conjunction with the bus supplier
- Perform requirements decomposition and flow-down from top-level customer documents through subsystem-level definition
- Develop and own the EPS technical specifications, statements of work and interface control documents between the bus supplier and the rest of the Space Vehicle
- Perform administrative systems engineering functions, including requirements management in DOORs, mapping of CDRLs and SDRLs, and Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) in Cameo
- Evaluate technical, cost and schedule deliverables from the bus supplier
- Prepare and present design reviews for internal and external participants
- Collaborate closely with SV-level systems engineering to ensure EPS compliance with mission needs and constraints
- Active Secret clearance
- 8+ years prior relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in space systems engineering
- Minimum 2 years of experience in space-based power systems engineering
- Technical expertise in space-based power systems hardware including Solar Arrays, Batteries, Power Distribution Units and Electrical Harnessing
- Knowledge of space-based power system standards and power management approaches
- Proven ability to supervise a supplier with independent Manufacturing, Quality, Procurement, Software, Controls and IV&V teams
- Experience in the testing and validation of satellite EPS systems and hardware
- Experience in preparing and delivering briefings to management and customers
- Capable of effectively leading in a team environment, often under tight deadlines
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Ability to obtain SAP/SAR access
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Power system Modeling and Simulation experience in Matlab, STK or other modeling tool
- Experience developing and/or operation ground gateway stations
- Experience designing power systems for large-scale satellite constellations
- Experience developing and implementing SysML models using Rhapsody or Cameo
- Experience working with government customers and requirements
- Excellent oral presentation skills and comfort with customer interaction
- Experience in cost account management concepts, including Earned Value
Required Education: BS/BA; STEM preferred Desired Education: MS/MA; STEM preferred
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilitie
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.