Systems Engineer (Space/Satellite Systems) - ENG05 - Cleared On-Site Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Aurora, CO, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Systems Engineer (Space/Satellite Systems) - ENG05 - Cleared On-Site to join our team at our client’s site in Aurora, CO.
The Systems Engineering Center (SEC) is seeking a Bus Flight Software Systems Engineer for the Space Systems (SS) Mission Area. The Bus Flight Software Systems Engineer will be involved in developing the central software for a high-powered, Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite mission, for which our client is the prime contractor. The satellite bus (and the central flight software) will be developed and delivered by an industrial partner so this position will focus more on the systems engineering and management functions and less on detailed software development. The successful candidate should also expect to be immersed in a fast-paced and team-based environment where an individual with talent and initiative stand-out and thrive.
- Lead the Bus Flight Software systems engineering at a Space Vehicle-level, working with the bus supplier to establish the architecture and meet all interfaces and mission requirements. This includes developing & maintaining mission CONOPs requirements, computational budget, Fault Detection & Recovery strategy, interfaces to telemetry and command
- Supervise the bus supplier in the detailed design, verification and operation of the flight software (travel to the bus supplier site will be required). Ensure the bus supplier and their subcontractors deliver flight software that meets mission requirements and customer expectations
- Perform SV-level trade studies of the flight software, in conjunction with the bus supplier
- Perform requirements decomposition and flow-down from top-level customer documents through subsystem-level definition
- Develop and own the flight software technical specifications, statements of work and interface control documents between the bus supplier and the rest of the Space Vehicle
- Perform administrative systems engineering functions, including requirements management in DOORs, mapping of CDRLs and SDRLs, and Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) in Cameo
- Evaluate technical, cost and schedule deliverables from the bus supplier
- Prepare and present design reviews for internal and external participants
- Collaborate closely with SV-level systems engineering to ensure flight software compliance with mission needs and constraints
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- 8+ years prior relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in space systems engineering
- Minimum 2 years of experience in flight software engineering
- Experience working in an Agile/scrum based software project management environment
- Experience developing and testing Fault Detection, Isolation & Recovery systems (FDIR)
- Proven ability to supervise a supplier with an independent software development teams
- Experience in space software testing and validation standards and strategies
- Experience in preparing and delivering briefings to management and customers
- Capable of effectively leading in a team environment, often under tight deadlines
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Ability to obtain SAP/SAR access
- M.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Agile certification such as PMI-ACP or AgilePM
- Experience developing in C/C++
- Experience designing flight software systems for large-scale satellite constellations
- Experience developing and implementing SysML models using Rhapsody or Cameo
- Experience working with government customers and requirements
- Excellent oral presentation skills and comfort with customer interaction
Required Education: BS in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related STEM discipline Desired Education: MS/MA; STEM preferred
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.