Systems Engineer (ITS) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Miami, FL, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Systems Engineer (ITS) to join our team at our client’s site in Miami, Florida.
We are seeking a Systems Engineerto join our project team in Miami, Florida. Successful candidates will have spent at least five years in ITS solutions and infrastructure projects preferably in the State of Florida.
The successful candidate will be a part of an engineering team during project implementation and work towards meeting customer requirements and satisfaction. This role requires applying professional engineering best practices in ITS industry, communication skills, as well as a strong background in traffic and transportation engineering.
The role requires a track record of solid technical, organizational, and communication skills and as well as professional engineering experience in the ITS industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Software Engineering. M.S. degree preferred
- Five (5) years of experience in ITS industry
- Expertise in traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive, transit signal priority, and V2I solutions
- Outstanding technical, communication and interpersonal skills
- P.E. license holders are preferred
- · Contribute to project specific technical system design and concepts of operations with R&D, Product Management, and other Engineering teams to meet and exceed customer requirements
- · Assure that requirements are conveyed to partner suppliers. If a customization is required provide the specifications and any other input required and oversee the process of the development
- · Actively deploy ITS solutions including controller, ATMS and Central software/databases, adaptive control solutions and connected vehicle (V2I) applications and related communication systems
- · Configure roadside (RSU) and On-Board (OBU) units for CV deployment projects
- · Responsible for the submission to the client of the proposed engineering solutions on time and according to the schedule
- · Troubleshooting of ITS devices such as traffic signal controllers, detection devices including loops, microware, radar and video
- · Contribute to ensuring that all technical phases from design to testing and handover of the overall project solution, including its related services are planned and completed in line with the internal and external requirements
- · Perform testing, configuration and commissioning services Provide guidance and technical problem analysis to the team members
- · Develop training/development plans and conduct training
- · Prepare presentations and arranges meetings with the client in order to explain the various parameters, provide technical clarifications and ultimately convince that it is the best fit-for-purpose solution
- · Contribute to the requirements, configuration and change management
- · Understand and manage regulating authorities’ and code requirements, as well as other industry-specific requirements, standards, and guidelines
- · Identify the need for change and in coordination with the respective expert performs an initial assessment of its impact on time schedule and budget
- · Manage engineering documentation, prepare manuals and procedures
- · Identify change opportunities and risks
- · Report on the progress of the activities under his supervision (technical functions, approval, customer acceptance)
- · Act as a key expert and consultant to improve concepts, methods, and processes
- · Lead by example and excel with a dynamic team in a highly collaborative environment
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.