Systems Engineer II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dulles, VA, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Systems Engineer II to join our team at our client s site in Dulles, VA.
We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer who feeds off the challenge of rolling up their sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day, is a passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- 6+ years of progressively responsible experience in design, implementation and administration for hardware and systems portfolios.
- Proficient at building, maintaining, managing and monitoring servers running Linux
- Working technical knowledge of Linux operating systems including RHEL and Ubuntu.
- Knowledge and experience of Application and Security protocols, such as Solarwinds, HBSS, Certificates & Tokens, RSA, McAfee SIEM, McAfee SIEM, McAfee IPS/IDS, Rubrik Host Backup System, SAN storage, and Active Directory
- Knowledge and experience in the design, implementation and support of VMware s product line, including vSphere, vCloud, Director,View and SRM.
- Experience in working with highly hardened/secure environments
- Knowledge of the concepts and techniques of server architectures, hardware, and software.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, IPSec, GRE tunnels, multicasting and traffic balancing techniques.
- Expert understanding of Internet routing, BGP, OSPF, Tunneling, Ethernet switching, Linux, and related networking technologies
- Strong communicator with the ability to work effectively across multiple business and engineering teams
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
- High level of motivation, self-starter, ability to demonstrate effective project management and completion of complex network tasks with little guidance
- Excellent time management skills
Highly valued skill sets:
- Proficient and self-reliant in at least one modern scripting or programming language such as Python, and Go.
- Familiarity with systems configuration management, orchestration, and infrastructure as code with tools such as Ansible and/or Terraform
- Familiarity with networks
- Experience with VMWare or KVM
- Experience with public cloud offerings
- Experience as a system administrator for a Splunk cluster, or similar SIEM platform
- Install, configure, and maintain a SAN
- Install, configure, and maintain Active Directory
Education: Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 6 years of related work experience.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.