System Test Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Petaluma,, CA, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a System Test Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Petaluma,, CA.
Our cutting edge Solar Power client is looking for a System Test Engineer to join their team of stealth engineers..
In this position, you are responsible for designing, developing extensive system test plan, test scenarios as well helping to automate testing on embedded systems in an Object-Oriented software development environment.
- Developing and executing functional and system level testing of products across multiple platforms to test various product features. Understand application use cases and feature requirements
- Setting up, configuring, and troubleshooting test environment (hardware, software) as needed to complete the assigned testing.
- Attending daily standup scrum meetings, backlog grooming and release planning. Define the test efforts required to test each feature/story delivered to the SVT team
- Identifying test gaps and opportunities to expand our test case coverage utilizing prior Quality and Testing experience
- Establishing and maintaining thorough and accurate documentation of all work including status updates to summarize project highlights
- Collaborating with Software Development teams to identify and resolve product defects in timely fashion
- Suggesting designs that facilitate the system testing and looks for opportunities to automate the feature delivered to the SVT team
Desired Experience and Skills
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent education/experience
- Experience working within an Agile development process from the test design, test automation and execution perspective
- In depth understating of software development life cycle as well as agile software development methodology
- Working knowledge of any object-oriented programming language such as C++, Java or Ruby. Experience with Ruby, Rspec, Rake, Rails and MySql database is a plus. Expertise in Automation using Selenium is a big plus
- Basic knowledge of open source tools such as JMeter and Git
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively balance tests execution, test results, and bugs with project constraints on schedule
- Ability to work in a team environment; develop and maintain good professional working relationships, especially within the test team and with those who interact regularly with the test team
- Take Initiative in setting and meeting goals
- Proven ability to multi-task and handle multiple products/ software releases assigned for testing
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.