System Administrator (LINUX) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Colorado Springs, CO 80912, US
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a System Administrator (LINUX) to join our team at our client’s site in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Description of Duties:
The System Administrator (LINUX) supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
The candidate will:
- Build, configure, deploy, administer, maintain and troubleshoot virtual and physical servers/systems
- Utilize and follow developer-provided documentation to build and configure server/system hardware and software to baseline specifications
- Researches technologies and leverages optimization techniques to ensure systems operate efficiently
- Perform necessary physical inspections and research using system/event logs, appropriate tools/software, etc… to identify problems, trends and aid in troubleshooting actions
- Provide timely updates to appropriate team leads, managers and stakeholders on status of tasks
- Collaborate and communicate with internal and external team members and customers as needed
- Identify developer-documentation errors and provide to appropriate channels/personnel for correction
- Use REMEDY ticketing system to report, track and document problem and resolution life-cycle actions on faulty systems
- Perform evening shift work and weekend duty as needed to meet off-hour mission activities
Qualifications External Basic Requirements:
- Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 12 years of general experience; Associate's degree and 10 years of general experience; Bachelor's degree and 8 years of general experience; Master's degree and 6 years of general experience
- The government client requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or if not fully vaccinated to have an approved accommodation based on valid medical or religious reasons.
- Must have 6 years of related experience in business systems, operating systems, and servers and/or experience in light programming, project management of small initiatives, and troubleshooting
- Must have experience building, configuring and deploying servers/systems using VMware 6.0 (or higher)
- Must have administration experience using Linux 6/7 basic and advanced commands
- Must have a current DoD approved 8570 Level II certification such as Security+ CE
- Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Have basic or working knowledge of Ansible or Ansible Tower automation
- Have basic or working knowledge of NetApp
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.