Sr. VMware Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Miami, FL 33101, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Sr. VMware Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Miami, FL.
The VMware Senior Consultant will:
· Apply high skill with commands, utilities and understand advanced aspects in the engineering and administration of VMware.
· Collaborate with other server, network, SAN and application teams, identify operational characteristics, determining the presence of a problem, identifying possible solutions, selecting the most appropriate solution, and implementing that solution in a timely manner in accordance with Change Control Process. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures; contribute to and maintain system standards, policies and procedures.
· Maintain system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, performing tuning, troubleshooting, system hardware, installation, firmware patching and VMware software patching.
· Responsible for the health of the production server infrastructure.
· Provide 24x7 support as needed.
Minimum Experience Required:
· B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
· Experience working with VMware Platform Services Controller appliance in vSphere 6.7, vROPS 7.x, vRLI 4.x
· In depth NSX knowledge is critical.
· Must have VCP.
· Strong hands-on experience with vSphere problem determination, capacity planning and root cause analysis.
· Strong hands on experience with vSphere Standard and Distributed Switches.
· Experience with running administrative reports in VMware.
· Intermediary skill level using PowerShell, PowerCLI, and REST API’s for automation.
· VCP7 or newer certifications
· Demonstrated experience with VMware technology
· Experience with VMware Software Defined Datacenter (SDDC ) products
· Active Secret clearance (Top-secret preferred)
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.