Sr Traffic Systems Technician Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Miami, FL, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Sr Traffic Systems Technician to join our team at our client’s site in Miami, Florida.
As a Senior Traffic Systems Technician, you will be responsible for shaping the future by strengthening our project team for integration and deployment of the largest ITS project to date.
Successful candidates will be well versed in setting up, troubleshooting, securing, and maintaining a production-ready traffic system including the configuration of controllers, networks, and embedded applications.
We are looking for a motivated, autonomous contributor who has a passion for delivering results by being target-driven and proactive, comfortable having his/her success measured in terms of completion within time, quality, and cost in a project context.
· Define, execute, and document procedures for bench installation and configuration of traffic controllers
· Define, execute, and document conversion and test protocols from legacy devices to Siemens products
· Assist with system deployment, validation, acceptance testing, and commissioning at customer site
· Program controllers, conflict monitors, detection systems; set up communication and wiring
· Optimize traffic controllers according to latest standards and customer requirements (e.g. MUTCD)
· Record individual device configurations, test results, and deployment locations for all controllers
· Support (level 1) to investigate, analyze, troubleshoot, and propose workarounds, repairs, etc.
· Develop and execute risk mitigation measures to spot and counteract obstacles and delays
· Provide feedback to development teams regarding required changes or improvements
· Lead by example and excel with a dynamic team in a highly collaborative environment
· Other duties as may arise
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
· Demonstrable experience reading and interpreting traffic system schematics and blueprints
· Demonstrable experience configuring traffic controllers, e.g. Siemens SEPAC or comparable products
· Demonstrable experience setting up and troubleshooting signal cabinets, traffic controllers, etc.
· Knowledgeable about NEC, MUCTD, IMSA, OSHA standards and specifications
· Knowledgeable about traffic signal theory and operation: phasing, coordination, preemption, TOD plans
· Knowledgeable about Ethernet & serial communication standards and configuration for bench tests
· Strong attention to detail and psychological ownership, proactively driving and tracking tasks
· Excellent communication skills, fostering collaboration with customers, engineers, operators, and testers
Preferred Certifications and Experience:
· Journeyman or Master Electrician License, Technical degree in Electrical Engineering, or comparable
· Familiarity with intersection signal timing plans, controller migration, and documentation standards
· Familiarity with configuring controllers for compliance to MUCTD, FDOT TEM, and similar standards
· IMSA Signal (Bench) Technician Certification or comparable certification
· Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose
· All employees receive life insurance, short, and long-term disability coverage
· Great career opportunities in a recognized and global company
· Education reimbursement programs available
· 401k with generous company matching
· Competitive compensation
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.