Sr Systems Engineer - Miami, FL Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Miami, FL, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Miami, Florida.
We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our project team in Miami, Florida. Successful candidates will have spent at least 10 years in ITS solutions and infrastructure projects exceeding $10M in budget preferably in the State of Florida.
The successful candidate will lead an engineering team during project implementation phase and towards meeting requirements and customer satisfaction. This role requires the ability to apply professional engineering best practices from the ITS industry, communication skills, as well as a strong background systems engineering.
The role requires a proven track record of solid technical, organizational, and communication skills and as well as professional engineering experience in the ITS industry.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related STEM discipline, Master’s degree preferred
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) qualification
- 10+ years of demonstrable experience and results developing ITS solutions
- Experience in the domain of traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive, transit signal priority, and V2I solutions solution
- Proven ability leading customer-facing projects and execute successfully within time and budget
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, planning, and abstract thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail, proactively driving assignments and tracking tasks
- Creative thinking and innovation skills to define new approaches to issues
- Excellent communication skills, fostering collaboration with engineers, operators and testers
- Provide tailored system & communication design solutions using proven architecture patterns and existing products including the coordination with respective experts based on project and other requirements
- Work with different internal departments (Sales, Project Management, R&D, Product Management, Procurement, Legal and Field Operations) and external partners to successfully deliver the project based on customer requirements
- Ensure the generation of project specific technical system design, scope definitions and documentation, and concept of operations with R&D, Product Management, and other teams to exceed customer expectations
- Actively deploy ITS solutions including controller and central software, adaptive control solutions and connected vehicle (V2I) applications with the project team
- Ensure all technical phases from design to testing and handover of the overall project solution, including its related services are planned and completed in line with the internal and external requirements
- Prepare presentations and arranges meetings with the client in order to explain the various parameters, provide technical clarifications and ultimately convince that it is the best fit-for-purpose solution
- Consult and support the project team, partners and the customer on systems solutions, services and technical issues
- Understand and manage regulating authorities, code requirements, and other industry-specific elements
- Oversee the requirement management/engineering, configuration, and technical change management process both internally and externally towards customer, partners and suppliers
- Ensure proper management of engineering documentation- i.e. drawings, version history, scope documents
- Identify the need for change and in coordination with the respective expert performs an initial assessment of its impact on time schedule and budget
- Actively perform risk/opportunities management activities
- Report on the progress of the activities under his supervision (technical functions, approval, customer acceptance)
- Act as a key expert and consultant to improve concepts, methods, and processes
- Lead by example and excel with a dynamic team in a highly collaborative environment
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.