Sr. Systems Engineer II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Aurora, CO 80011, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer II to join our team at our client s site in Aurora, Colorado.
We are seeking a member of an Infrastructure Automation Team who will be responsible for deploying and integrating scripts and recipes to automate Systems configurations and COTS configurations in complex server environments. These environments, a heterogeneous mix of servers, workstations, and custom hardware, provide the backbone for the operational system of a critical, strategic national asset. The environments also support product development, testing, and maintenance. The candidate would be responsible for implementation of automation recipes (CHEF) and scripts (Ruby, PowerShell, Python and others) as part of an automated installation process. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, have an engineering background and mindset, and be able to troubleshoot complex problems. This position may require some on call support and overtime as well as limited (<20%) travel for installation and troubleshooting support.
US citizenship is required due to the candidate needing a current US Secret Security Clearance.
- Must possess an active US DoD Secret or higher clearance and US Citizenship
- Six (6)+ years of relevant Infrastructure experience related to system installation and configuration
- Background in Systems Operations environment supporting complex environment deployment and management activities
- Experience with automation tools such as CHEF (preferred), Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, Fabric or similar products for O/S builds, software installation and configuration management
- Hands-on experience with virtualization tools and cloud computing, either private (VMware, OpenStack) or public (AWS) Systems integration experience
- Ability to troubleshoot complex configuration problems or system issues
- Experience with Windows or Linux System Administration
- Strong scripting skills (i.e. PowerShell, Python, Ruby, bash, etc.)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both written and oral
- Experience with orchestration tools Rundeck, VMware Orchestrator
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code and demonstrated implementation
- Understanding of DevOps concepts
- Experience with VMware vCenter, ESXi, vSphere
- Understanding of Change Management processes - Version Control of software and code - GIT, CVS
- The ability to effectively plan their own work up and the work of others on the team
- A degree in Science, Technology Engineering or Math (STEM) with emphasis in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology and 6 years of relatable experience
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.