Sr. Systems Engineer I Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dulles, VA 20189, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer with a Top Secret Clearance to join our team at our client’s site in Dulles, VA for a full time, permanent opportunity.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and initiative necessary to design, implement, and maintain full-stack technology applications for multiple unclassified and classified mission systems. This is a hands-on position interfacing numerous back-end systems including core network and data paths, infrastructure and platform/hardware deployment, data protection and replication, test and infrastructure automation, data visualization software, and analytics platforms. An existing US Government Top Secret clearance is required for this position (US citizenship required).
- Experience building, deploying, testing, troubleshooting, and supporting network, server, storage, telephony, middleware and/or database solutions in a production environment
- Demonstrated success working in collaborative team environments
- Ability to clearly articulate complex technical concepts both verbally and in writing
- An existing US Government Top Secret security clearance (US citizenship required) and willingness/ability to take and pass a polygraph
- Skilled in Microsoft (Windows Server 2012/2016, Windows 7/10) configuration and administration including Active Directory, DNS, WSUS, and Group Policy Objects
- Experience using VMware (vCenter/ESXi); design and implementation of virtual systems; provisioning and management of clusters, datastores and virtual machine
- Scripting experience in Ruby, Python, and/or PowerShell or related languages
- Telecommunications engineering experience (SONET/SDH, OTN, PBX, VOIP, MPLS, cellular networks, microwave, SATCOM etc.)
- One or more of the following certifications: CCNA, MCSA, RHCA, Sec+, VCP-DV, ITIL
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 4 years of related work experience.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.