Sr Systems Engineer - ENG04 - Cleared On-Site Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Aurora, CO, US
Our Systems Engineering Team is looking for a Systems Engineer for the Palma program. The candidate will support the software maintenance for Command & Control. This may require some light development or complex discrepancy work-off. In addition, the candidate supports the accomplishment of engineering tasks in an iterative development environment. The candidate will provide technical direction and clarification of requirements to software development teams, integration, and test personnel, performs system engineering analyses including trade studies, use case development, requirements definition and derivation, interface definition, and requirement validation and verification and supports planning / development and interfaces with personnel from other organizations. The SE attends technical interchange meetings with the team members and other program personnel and represents the organization in matters pertaining to the development of his/her project, provides status on assigned tasks as required and provides document review and resolves technical systems engineering and integration issues. Additionally, the SE supports ECP efforts as required. This candidate must have the ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines.
- 5+ years demonstrated engineering experience with a proven track record of success
- Strong understanding of the SE development lifecycle and change management process
- Proven ability to meet timelines
- Experience in systems engineering functions including operations concept development, system and product design, requirements management, technical risk management, interface definition and control
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Currently TS/SCI clearance
- Systems Engineering experience on a large government software development contract
- Experience with Ground equipment/RF equipment
- Experience in integration, and/or verification and validation
- Experience in SE process development and deployment
- Experience with complex satellite ground systems, particularly previous deployment of developed systems to ground station operations
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) using DOORS, Enterprise Architect and JIRA or similar tools
- Experience working in an Agile or DevOps development environment, being part of a highly integrated team working closely with SW, Integration and Verification teams
- Bachelor's degree is required. STEM degree is preferred. Along with 5+ years of relevant experience - OR Master’s Degree STEM preferred with 3+ years of relevant experience
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.