Sr. Systems Administrator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Morgan Hill, CA 95037, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Sr. Systems Administrator to join our team at our client’s site in Morgan Hill, CA.
The Senior System Administrator is a hands-on role for a manufacturing organization. You will be a key member of a growing, multi-location IT organization supporting one of the largest national players in the industry. You will be expected to provide thought leadership, as well as hands on support. You will be responsible for the provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software. You will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure; ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff and business partners.
Cross functional activities include defining requirements, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of cross functional technical staff across the Enterprise in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on cross-functional projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life cycle.
· Support for company-wide applications, infrastructure systems and services. Including but not limited to Active Directory, O365 (mail, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, Intune, EMS, etc.), Exchange (hybrid), AD, fileserver/storage, firewalls & switches.
· Evaluate, manage, maintain the corporate VMware environment (ESXi and Horizon) across multiple locations, including sever hardware, storage, configuration, licensing, monitoring, capacity, & performance management.
· Scripting & automation.
· Manage production systems including backups, performance tuning, fault resolution, capacity planning, & root cause analysis across multiple sites, platforms & operating systems.
· Improve the efficiency, ease of management, & performance of the existing infrastructure through discovery, evaluation & testing, and comparing against industry best practices.
· Provide recommendations, coordinate, & execute well-planned improvements.
· Respond to security vulnerabilities in a timely manner.
· Ensure documentation is always up to date, & champion change management.
· Effectively manage time & priorities. Deliver projects on schedule & communicate issues with teammates proactively.
· Occasionally handle tier-2-3 escalated Help Desk tickets.
· Coordinate & execute after-hours maintenance activities. Participate in an on-call rotation.
· BS degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or equivalent experience required.
· Advanced degree highly desirable
· MCSE & VCP certifications a plus
· Prior experience supporting an Engineering organization leveraging a CAD solution (AutoCAD preferably)
· 10+ years experience and demonstrated expert level knowledge of Active Directory including management of, consolidating domains, etc.
· 10+ years experience and demonstrated expert level knowledge of O365 minimum E3 with advanced security (mail, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, Compliance Center, Azure, Intune, E5 voice, etc.).
· 7+ years experience and demonstrated expert level knowledge of VMware both ESXi and Horizon (architecting, building, managing, maintaining, upgrading, etc.).
· 7+ years experience with multiple M&A transactions (domain consolidation, mail consolidation, backup consolidation, staff consolidation, etc.)
· 7+ years experience supporting custom software development
· 5+ years experience with VDI and/or DaaS in support of an Engineering organization
· 3+ years experience managing and supporting Azure, with a focus on moving workloads from on premise to the Cloud
· 15+ years of relevant industry experience supporting multiple locations, heterogeneous environments (Windows, Linux, iOS, etc.), etc.
· Prior experience supporting an Engineering organization running Microvellum highly desirable
· Prior experience with implementing and supporting a data warehouse
· Prior experience with Intune as a MDM solution including support of iOS devices.
· Prior experience architecting/implementing/ managing Fortinet (firewalls, switches, VPN, wireless) highly desirable
· Prior experience in a publicly traded manufacturing company with at least 1,000 employees, including both office works and shop floor personnel
· Prior experience evaluating/selection/implementing/managing a SD WAN solution highly desirable
· Prior experience implementing/managing Proofpoint or similar solution highly desirable
· Prior experience with Palo Alto Networks (firewalls, Panorama, Global Protect) highly desirable
· Prior experience with Meraki (switches, wireless) highly desirable
· Prior experience with Cisco switches highly desirable
· Prior experience with Veeam highly desirable
· Prior experience with Cohesity highly desirable
· Understanding of what “good looks like” at a larger corporation, with startup “can do” mentality
· Demonstrated knowledge of automation tools & scripting, including PowerShell, Ansible, etc.
· Strong interpersonal & communications skills. The person in this position must be able to integrate & communicate clearly & easily with other team members, as well as with end-users at all levels.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.