Sr. Software Engineer - Database Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Houston, TX 77001, US
Trellis Energy, a subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, is hiring a permanent Sr. Software Engineer – Database to join our Trellis Team in San Francisco or Houston; hybrid model from either location. In this role you will work directly with data architects, business analysts, project managers and other developers to build a suite of out-of-the box and comprehensive business modules. Your in-depth experience with problem solving capabilities, solution design and PL SQL development will be crucial to developing complex business solutions. Your efforts will support both in-house product development as well as customer implementation projects. Great growth opportunity to help build an enterprise level software serving the energy market. As a member of a tight knit and high-performing team, you will be integral to our product, client, and team successes.
Trellis Energy Background:
Trellis Energy (trellisenergy.com) is an innovative San Francisco-based technology company offering the first SaaS B2B marketplace, to transform the commercial operations across the natural gas value chain.
- Learn the Trellis software and gain understanding across all subject areas
- Collaborate with industry experts, SME’s, product stakeholders to understand business process and requirements.
- Formulate high-performing technical design/solution to solve for complex business problems.
- Be a hands on developer - convert technical design/solutions into code using PL/SQL.
- Develop, enhance, customize, support, and maintain code as per design and coding standards.
- Create data to support, and maintain unit test cases, scenarios, and data.
- Present innovative ideas for product improvements based on business understanding.
- 7+ years experience in Oracle PL/SQL development
- Relational database experience a must: Oracle v12 minimum; Oracle v19 preferred.
- Strong coding experience in Oracle PL/SQL.
- Ability to come up with technical design based on business requirements
- Working experience in data mapping and data loader activity
- Ability to perform SQL tuning of queries, optimize reports and data retrieval response times
- Strong in debugging and looking at existing code for modifications
- Design, develop, and maintain tools and scripts to help unit testing, development and QA
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or other related Engineering fields
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to think creatively and work independently on complex tasks
- Must have strong work ethics, career goals, and accomplishments
- Open source reporting experience required; JasperReports preferred.
- Knowledge with Unix shell scripting
- Recent development experience. Experience with Java development
- Database Schema Design and Data Modeling skills
- Oracle DBA skills and System Admin skills
- Knowledge and experience in Natural Gas industry
- Recent development experience with a software product company.
Blackstone offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package; the company pays 100% of Employee’s health insurance premiums.
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.