Sr. Software Development Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Colorado Springs, CO 80917, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Sr. Software Development Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Colorado Springs, CO.
We are looking for an experienced senior software engineer to lead feature development and help drive continuous improvement of the team’s engineering practices. In this role you will lead design, development and delivery of significant customer features as part of a high performance agile team that is responsible for customer facing products and service offerings in a fast growing new software business. You will enjoy a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts, and apply your deep understanding of agile principles to help your team make the right tradeoffs, break down business objectives into discrete deliverables and iterate towards a goal.
- Lead, design, implement and deliver significant features in collaboration with product management and other development teams
- Mentor other team members and help everybody have greater impact
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement of the team’s system-of-work
- Maintain a current understanding of relevant industry and technology trends
- Five or more years of experience of agile product development, including at least 2 years of significant technical/design responsibility for customer-facing deliverables
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders, users and other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy and to envision and deliver innovative solutions
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and help them grow into more effective product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Deep knowledge and understanding of at least one modern programming language: Java or C++ preferred
- Knowledge and interest in computer networking, application/network monitoring, concurrency, database technology, distributed systems and cloud native software development
- B.S./B.A. degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.