Sr. Network Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Chantilly, VA 20190, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Sr. Network Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Chantilly, Va.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background experienced in designing and deploying network LAN, WAN, firewall & VPN solutions across a global infrastructure. Candidate will be experienced in driving technology solutions and improvements.
Role location: Chantilly, VA (onsite 5 days per week)
Clearance Required: TS/SCI with ability to obtain CI poly
· Provide project management and engineering support for projects from inception through the planning, design, implementation, and operational phase. Collaborates across multiple disciplines. Ensures implemented solution meets project deliverables and adheres to standards and best practices.
· Provides subject matter expertise and strategic oversight of enterprise network, voice, and video infrastructure initiatives to ensure proper design and in alignment with enterprise infrastructure strategies.
· Define/design target architectures, anticipating potential network, voice, and video growth; ensuring scalable and flexible core technologies
· Recommends and implements network standards to support the enterprise network infrastructure.
· Develop standards-based network designs for individual projects as well as enterprise solutions.
· Performs proactive management, configuration and monitoring of the network infrastructure and network systems (e.g., circuits, firewalls, switches, routers, VPN).
· Schedules, plans, and performs periodic scheduled maintenance to ensure systems are operating at optimal levels and running on the latest stable code
· Evaluation and analysis of new technologies (or upgrades to existing technologies) and products with an emphasis on improving service availability and cost reduction as well as implementation recommendations.
· Conducts routine capacity planning and identifies recommendations on network infrastructure and network systems.
· Ability to troubleshoot complex networks, analyze configurations and perform packet analysis. Perform root cause analysis and implement resolution.
· Produce quality detailed documentation through the entire project delivery life-cycle by producing design, deployment and operational documentation to cover all aspects of infrastructure deployments and systems (architecture, topology, maintenance, troubleshooting, disaster recovery)
· Ability to work effectively as a local/remote team member providing support to local and remote locations as needed.
General On-Site Services:
· Tuning and optimization of network environment
· Conducts software release planning and documentation
· Assistance with installation of software upgrades
· Understand, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve End User issues
· Define, manage, and execute problem resolution plans and communicate closure/resolution to technical support teams and End Users
· Audit and evaluate current IP Network deployments, providing recommendations on design, configuration, and code.
· Provide onsite assistance for deployment of new technologies, and network modifications.
· Provide and review best practice recommendations for architecture, design, management and operation of customer’s infrastructure
· Assist in the delivery of technology proof of concepts.
· Develop and maintain infrastructure documentation
· 10 years combined experience with: networking, firewalls, load-balancers, best practices / standards, security / STIG requirements, design life cycle and documentation
· Certifications (required, minimum one): BCNP, BIPM, BEIPA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIP-ENT, JNCIE-ENT
· Certification (required): 8140/8570.1m compliance (Security+ minimum or at least willing to obtain within 30 days)
· Ability to lead complex, large-scale network projects from initiation and planning through execution and closing.
· In-depth experience and understanding of L3 protocols to include MPLS VPN, BGP, OSPF, QoS, IP Addressing, DNS/DHCP, firewalls, multicast (PIM-SM / PIM-DM) and L2 protocols such as spanning tree, RSTP, MSTP, IGMP, 802.1x.
· In-depth experience with load-balancing methodologies and application delivery controllers (Brocade, F5, Cisco, Citrix)
· Must have design and deployment experience with Cisco/Brocade/Juniper routing and switching products.
· Firewall experience a plus.
· Experience with network management platforms (ie. Solarwinds, BNA, Network Node Manager, etc.) and protocols such as SNMP, Sflow, Netconf, Software defined networking is a plus.
· Occasional domestic and international travel may be necessary
· Strong Technical Leadership, teamwork, collaboration and communication skills (oral and written)
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.