Sr Manager of Experience Design Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Colorado Springs, CO 80920, US
CTH or Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Sr Manager of Experience Design to join our team at our client’s site in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Are you experienced in the theory and practice of designing customer experience, good a conceptualizing across functional lines, an influencer who champions new ways of thinking and working, and practiced at placing the needs and wants of consumers and coworkers above your own? If so, we’d love to talk.
We strive to improve the financial lives of every member, their families, and their businesses. We garner high member satisfaction through the hard work and focus of employees in every department, and yet as we grow statewide we need to lead with over-arching, cross-functional design of member experiences and omni-channel delivery. This new role of Senior Manager of Experience Design is responsible for orchestrating design practices across the enterprise and showing design’s measurable impact on the organization and our membership.
Over time the Senior Manager will build design center of excellence. They will lead in designing and ensuring end-to-end experiences are high quality, low friction, and enjoyable for members. They will meet with business units such as Marketing, Electronic Banking, Operations, and Lending to determine opportunities to improve existing member experiences, and will guide discovery to identify quantifiable improvements in products, user interface, user experience, and processes. They will lead efforts to build world-class execution of design thinking, design standards, universal design elements, member feedback, and member prototype usage. They will spearhead creation of journey maps to understand and visualize friction, channel gaps, and enhancement possibilities in service delivery channels. They will also lead efforts to implement systems for digital experience analytics, prototyping, journey mapping, and key-metric tracking.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a leader in cross-functional planning and execution who conceptualizes from a design-first perspective what needs to happen in order build member experiences.
- Establish design center for excellence by championing design across the organization and implementing standards and shared elements used organization wide.
- Apply design best-practices to lead organizational efforts to identify and improve member friction points, channel gaps, and enhancement possibilities in all service delivery channels.
- Create, improve, and use journey maps, prototypes, experience metrics, style guides, and user flow to enable to be a leader in measurably impactful through design.
- Be a resident expert who shares design trends and best practices specific to the financial industry and improves the capability of our teams and leaders.
- Initiate and contribute to projects within strategic plans that deliver omnichannel member experience.
- Other duties as required
Minimum formal education required for this position:
Knowledge consistent with a BA or BS degree in a specialty involving strong systems thinking such as Human-Computer Interaction, Journalism, Psychology, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Economics, Technology Management, or a related field(s).
Each year of relevant work experience may be exchanged for a year in a relevant degree program or vice versa. For example, a requirement of “Knowledge Consistent with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 2+ years’ of accounting experience” could be substituted for a High School Diploma and 6 years of relevant accounting work experience or a Master’s Degree in Accounting and 0 years of work experience.
Minimum work experience:
7+ years’ combined experience with Information Technology (Business Intelligence / Website Design / Programming or similar), User Experience (UX) Design, User Interface (UI) Design, Project Management or similar to include at least:
- 4+ years’ formal training/field of study with User Experience (UX) Design and/or User Interface (UI) Design.
- 3+ years’ of experience in a design-leadership role.
(Preferred) 4+ years’ experience implementing design in a production / financial services environment.
Technical or specialized knowledge/skills:
- Strategic understanding and broad command of knowledge relevant to service delivery in an omnichannel environment.
- Expertise in UI/UX design concepts / best practices with a heavy focus on user-centric design thinking.
- Exceptional ability to build empathy with the user base and place yourself in a “member-centric” view, listening to their needs, determining why they need it, and designing to that end.
- Able to foster cross-departmental design team rapport by enabling the continuous flow of feedback and ideation.
- Basic understanding of project management principles and their practical application.
- Strong familiarity with agile software development.
- Strategic understanding of current and emerging banking products (branches, call centers, mobile, ATMs, online, video tellers, etc.).
- Proficiency in web analytics, forecasting user trends, and benchmarking competitors.
- Ability to translate technical concepts into clear instructions for stakeholders, imparting understanding and confidence to those who are otherwise laymen.
- Knowledge of electronic banking systems architecture (server operating systems, firewalls, intrusion detection, application firewalls, load balancers, etc.).
- Knowledge of compliance, fraud intervention, and internal controls relevant to electronic banking.
- Supervisory skills and leadership workshops.
- Strong data analysis experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- (Preferred) Symitar proficiency.
- (Preferred) Formal sales training.
Environmental, physical and psychological requirements:
- Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time in a climate-controlled environment. Must be able to use fingers, hands, wrists for repetitive tasks such as typing, using a mouse, handling paper, and operating a telephone. Demands for visual and auditory acuity are typical of an office environment. Must be able to interact via email, telephone, or in person with diplomacy, tact, and courtesy with all members under varying circumstances. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.