Sr IT and Systems Specialist - Miami, FL Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Miami, FL, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Senior IT and Systems Specialist - Miami, FL to join our team at our client’s site in Miami, Florida.
Successful candidates will be well versed in setting up, troubleshooting, securing, and maintaining a production-ready distributed system including the configuration of networks, databases, applications and their interfaces.
We are looking for a motivated, autonomous contributor who has a passion for delivering results by being target-driven and proactive, comfortable having his/her success measured in terms of completion within time, quality, and cost in a project context.
- Analyzing system architecture descriptions and translating into operational steps for deployment
- Standing up and configuratiing virtual machines, front-end & back-end applications, APIs/endpoints, and databases
- Building QA systems for staging and validation of entire system before deployment in production
- Root cause analysis and troubleshooting of overall system e.g. network congestion or configuration
- Support customer IT team for server and network setup, security/firewall settings, and device access
- Collaborate with project manager to ensure complete solution delivery on time and within budget
- Assist with system deployment, validation, acceptance testing, and system commissioning at customer site
- Collaborate with customer IT team as needed to investigate, analyze and resolve issues
- Develop and execute risk mitigation measures to spot & counteract obstacles and delays
- Provide feedback to development teams regarding required changes or improvements
- Lead by example and excel with a dynamic team in a highly collaborative environment
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related STEM discipline or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience and accomplishment as IT and systems specialist
- Demonstrable knowledge about software architecture paradigms, design patterns, distributed systems, middleware concepts, databases, networking, cloud computing, and virtual machines.
- Proven ability to lead customer-facing projects and execute successfully within time and budget
- Proven multitasking ability to work both independently as well as in a team setting
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, planning, and abstract thinking skills especially when making tactical and strategic decisions
- Strong attention to detail, proactively driving assignments and tracking tasks
- Creative thinking and innovation skills to define new approaches to issues
- Excellent communication skills, fostering collaboration with customers, engineers, operators, and testers
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related STEM discipline
- Traffic domain expertise or experience in developing or deploying ITS solutions, such as traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive control, transit signal priority, or V2X solutions
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.