Sr. DevOps Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Herndon, VA 20170, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Sr. DevOps Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Herndon, VA.
· Match infrastructure implementation / monitoring / management with software architecture
· Work on the DevOps Toolchain, which includes Ansible, Artifactory, Jenkins, and BitBucket. The candidate will assist developers with moving their legacy systems into an automated deployment model.
· This position is responsible for providing recommendations on best practices, application modernization, and adapting to a constantly changing environment.
· Building secure cloud infrastructures using the latest networking, virtualization, automation, and configuration management tools.
· Deploying enterprise applications in cloud platforms, incorporating automation, security, and reliability
· AWS provisioning, configuration management, storage management, network management, virtualization
· Creating automated CI/CD pipelines and automating all aspects of infrastructure
· Developing and monitoring infrastructure automation for deployment
· Code coverage metrics
· Monitor build / deployment status
· Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other IT degree. Engineering, math, and/or science degrees are acceptable substitute degrees and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
· 7+ years of DevOps experience including setting up CI/CD pipelines
· 3+ years of experience running large scale online systems built on AWS or similar cloud providers
· 3+ years of build automation experience through Jenkins or similar tools
· 3+ year(s) of experience with containerization (OpenShift, Docker, EKS etc.)
· Ability to lead small project teams
· Have written scripts or built applications in Python/Ruby/Bash
· Experience with Ansible scripting
· Worked with open-source monitoring and metrics tools
· Full end-to-end understanding of CI/CD pipeline and how to assess them from a security point of view
· Ability to employ best practices in an enterprise scale continuous delivery environment and harden production deployments
· Strong understanding of security concepts, best practices and how to apply them, such as SSH, public key encryption, access credentials, certificates, TLS, data encryption
· Demonstrated Agile (scrum) Experience
· Automated provisioning (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins)
· Requires strong experience building management engineering and DevOps
· Experience with both Static and Dynamic Application Security Testing methodologies and tools
· Familiarity with software system installation
· Experience with system administration including middleware installation and maintenance
· Experience with one or more databases (Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL)
· Able to adapt to a swiftly changing environment
· Knowledgeable about current customer off-the-shelf (COTS) technologies
· The ability to successfully obtain and maintain a U.S. Suitability/Public Trust Background Clearance
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.