Sr. Cloud Architect- TS or TS/SCI Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Washington, DC 20002, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Sr. Cloud Architect- TS or TS/SCI to join our team at our client’s site in Washington, DC.
*This position requires a Top Secret/SCI clearance, or Top Secret with SCI eligibility*
The Cloud Architect designs, implements, and provides an architectural framework for Cloud infrastructure development, maintenance, and enhancement efforts and understands user and process requirements and ensure those requirements can be achieved through high quality deliverables. Works closely with Cloud Engineers and customers to develop road maps for applications, align development plans, and ensures effective integration among information systems and the IT infrastructure.
· 35%: Designs Cloud environments with a focus on AWS. Responsible for the design of production, staging, QA and development of Cloud Infrastructure running 24X7 environments.
· 25%: Delivers customer Cloud strategies, aligned with business and security objectives.
· 20%: Provides hands-on AWS implementation and peer review of IAM, Infrastructure as code, Lambda, AWS config rules, etc.
· 10%: Cultivates innovation allowing for process improvements across the program.
· 10%: Provides mentoring to aide in the development and growth of team members.
· Extensive AWS based Cloud Architecture experience leveraging the multidisciplinary skills of information security, automation, AWS infrastructure and DevOps in AWS environment
· Thorough understanding of AWS infrastructure and services including but not limited to EC2, EBS, S3, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, IAM, AWS Config, etc.
· Strong abilities with designing and implementing IAM policies
· Experience using services such as Route 53 and VPC to design and implement cloud networking using public and private subnets, internet access and VPC peering
· Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework, FedRAMP, and industry best practices related to cloud security
· Act as a driver for integrating new technologies, methodologies, to facilitate agility and flexibility while improving capability
· Be able to write technical feasibility assessments for cloud components and/or solutions
· Be able to develop and execute on proof-of-concept solutions for leadership and client buy-in
· Strong hands-on experience architecting and implementing secure solutions in AWS
· Ability to self-start and successfully contribute to an environment while working seamlessly in a distributed team via collaboration tools
· Comfortable talking about technical things with businesspeople and business things with technical people. Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences.
· Ability to craft a compelling message and tailor it for a given audience. Ability to mix deep technical expertise with simple, everyday language to deliver a story that is memorable and useful
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to effectively lead and influence interactions with both business and technical teams.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to apply an organization' s goals and objectives to develop and maintain architecture.
· Embrace and focus on emerging technology and evangelize to the rest of the team
· Credentials/Licenses: AWS Industry Certifications
· Top Secret / SCI or SCI Eligible
· Related Work Experience: 6-8+ years
· Bachelor’s degree completed or higher
· 2+ years of experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) migration, DevOps, or administration
· 2+ years of experience with cloud automation and scripting
· 2+ years of experience creating deployment scripts (e.g., Chef)
· Security+ certification
· Experience designing, deploying, and administering Windows and Linux based systems
· Good working knowledge of AWS Services including Compute, Storage Networking, Database, Management tools, Security, Identity and Compliance
· Experience implementing and debugging workloads in AWS
· Experience automating deployment processes
· Proven written and verbal communication skills working directly with customers and translating their business needs to technical requirements for implementation.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.