SQL BI Database Developer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Golden, CO 80401, US
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a SQL BI Database Developer to join our team at our client’s site in Golden, CO.
As a member of the Data & Analytics team, this person will design, update, and maintain data warehouse code as required to implement and support analytics solutions for our business partners under the guidance of senior team members. Responsibilities will include ensuring a high level of service for the analytics environment. As this person learns about the business and analytics environment, they will begin working with business partners to deliver effective analytics that align closely with business requirements.
- Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and debug stored procedures and triggers.
- Design and implement reporting solutions utilizing tabular models, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and Power BI.
- Maintain and add to existing set of SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS) packages for Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) data manipulation.
- Utilize SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) to create cubes, data source views, named queries, dimensions, and deploy analysis services projects.
- Create/maintain database triggers for use in automation.
- Utilize testing methodologies, standards, policies, and procedures to ensure/verify data quality.
- Employ software development process, including requirements gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technologies, release/version control, and testing methodologies.
- Design database tables and structures.
- Work with business partners to identify, define, develop, streamline, and report key performance metrics to drive performance.
- Oversee change to modules and building of appropriate test scripts.
- Support enterprise SQL data security models.
- Performs analysis of proposed information requests and collaborates with the business partners to drive enterprise reporting.
- Exhibits excellent communication and collaboration skills and engages effectively with technical teams, business stakeholders, and leaders.
- Will be part of an on-call rotation in support of the analytics environment.
- Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience as an MS SQL server developer.
- 5 years of experience with MS SQL server suite (OLAP, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS and T-SQL).
- 5 years data warehouse related work experience.
- Expertise in identification of Business & Data requirements and converting them into conceptual & logical data models.
- Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- OLAP, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, and T-SQL
- Data modeling and classification
- Excel Pivot Tables
- Power BI or related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passionate about data and the impact of data analytics on an organization.
- Proven ability to interact well with individuals from all disciplines and levels - translating technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Strong business acumen.
- Possesses a drive to continuously learn, question, and apply critical thinking skills.
- Operates with integrity and can collaborate with and educate peers and leadership.
- Ability to understand the long-term, big picture, and short-term business perspectives.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Azure SQL database or managed instance experience preferred.
- Project management experience a plus.
- Solid understanding of multiple business domains especially manufacturing.
- Experience with Microsoft DevOps and Agile
- Microsoft BI professional experience including Power Query, Power Pivot and Power View.
- Related certifications.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.