Software Technical Analysis Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Seal Beach, CA 90740, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Software Technical Analyst 4 to join our team at our client’s site in Seal Beach, CA.
We are seeking Senior Experienced Web Development Engineers for their Satellite Systems Division located in Seal Beach, CA. We are seeking engineers that are passionate about space and motivated to be part of a multi-disciplined, collaborative engineering environment that supports the design, development, and implementation of software for Boeing built government space products!
You will directly partner with customer counterparts and program management to deliver the highest value capabilities, performing demonstrations along the way. The role requires a creativity and you will be encouraged to automate manual processes and workflows where possible. The candidate should possess excellent communications skills and work well in a team environment to support the needs of the Integrated Product Team.
This senior position requires proven experience within the software ecosystem, a unique background of project experience, and the clear exhibition of superior judgment and decision making to engineer new solutions and capabilities. Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills are required!
Primary Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Develop and maintain requirements, architectures, algorithms, interfaces, and designs for software systems
- Write software code and integrate completed software components into a fully functional software system
- Perform software development in the agile methodology utilizing a DevSecOps environment where you will support continuous improvement
- Build software test procedures and environments, execute the tests and document results to ensure software system requirements are met
- Support the presentation of progress demonstrations to customer representatives and satellite program leadership
This position is expected to be 100% onsite.
U.S. Top Secret Clearance and a current Tier 5 (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Counterintelligence Polygraph is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- MUST HAVE Active U.S. Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance with Counterintelligence polygraph
- MUST HAVE 7 or more years of experience with the Java, and/or Python software languages
- Experience with front-end web application development
- Software development experience in a collaborative team environment using agile principles and a structured development process including code reviews and DevOps processes/tools
- Experience using team collaboration tools including Git, JIRA, Confluence, Artifactory, etc.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Current CompTIA Security+ certification
- Experience using SonarQube and/or Coverity to manage code quality
- Experience with cloud computing and virtualization technologies and containerized applications and frameworks (Jupyter, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Experience with Python numerical tools (numpy, scipy), GIS tools for python & map front-ends (OpenLayers/Cesium)
- Experience with databases using PostgreSQL, including Geospatial, Multi-Level Security, Alembic/migration and/or Oracle Spatial/Database Vault capabilities
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.