Software Engineer (Mid-Level) - TS or TS/SCI Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Washington, DC, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Washington, DC. Full remote work is expected for the foreseeable future, but expectation is to eventually go back on-site.
*This position requires a Top Secret/SCI clearance, or Top Secret with SCI eligibility*
The Software Engineer is responsible for services delivery for Data Intelligence technologies across our partners customers worldwide. This responsibility includes leading large and/or complex deliveries, delivery of new and updated services and mentoring Data Analyst peers. Specifically, candidates for this position should have experience leading a delivery to design, architect, implement, and integrate DI solutions into customer environments.
Large, Complex Customer Deliveries
The Software Engineer will be the technical resource responsible for ensuring the technical success of the professional services delivery. This may require a combination of coordinating with their project managers and peer consultants, design and planning efforts, troubleshooting, escalation management, and hands-on delivery. The Software Engineer will work closely with the project manager to ensure project status is communicated, a plan is in place, and progress is being made to project closure. This role will include review and executing against project definition documents, completing and updating delivery checklists and pre-engagement checklists and creating and modifying customer facing deliverable solution documentation.
• Provide technical delivery for assigned engagements and drive customer satisfaction.
• Ensure the technical success of professional services engagements by engaging peers, leading design discussions, troubleshooting, and delivering as needed.
• Articulate the overall services solution and subsequent service delivery plan to implement the solution to the customer in terms the customer understands.
• Build relationships and trust with Engagement Managers, Project Managers, Solutions Consultants, and Solution Sales personnel engaged in service opportunities.
• Work with the project manager to provide regular communication to all stakeholders about the status of professional services engagements.
• Listen to customer needs and map customer challenges to GSS services and solutions.
• Exceed our customer expectations for services delivery quality, competence, and professionalism.
• Develop and test Java software plugins and integration modules for HCP family of products
• Develop and test components using TCP/IP, RSS, SMTP, ODBC/SQL, HTTP/REST, XML, JSON
• Assist the technical support team in the isolation and resolution of customer issues
• Author developer documentation and participate in the development of end-user documentation
• Mentor and advise junior team members
• Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the project team
• Support consultants, partners, and the open source community
Qualifications and Skills
• Must possess a TS/SCI clearance or currently have a TS with the ability to upgrade
• Demonstrate knowledge of three or more of the following:
o Java development for API based solutions
o Enterprise object storage solutions (e.g., S3, HCP, Centera)
o Object storage data migrations
o Data Analytics solution development
o GUI development and programming
o Scripting for operational needs
• Minimum 1 to 3 years professional experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, and developing data-driven applications for enterprise environments
• Hands-on experience with one or more of the following core technologies:
o Experience writing, extending and maintaining Java programs
o Experience with web service technologies (REST, JAX-WS, etc.)
o Experience with development and management of Linux based OSs
o Experience with XML and JSON
o Experience with configuration management tools such as Git
• Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical implementation
• Experience with Pentaho and/or Hitachi Content Intelligence a strong plus
• Experience with APIs for SharePoint, MS Exchange or MS Work Folder Server
• Create internal and customer facing documentation using Microsoft Office product suite.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Demonstrate excellent customer/business presentation skills
• Security+ Certification (must be completed prior to start)
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.