Software Engineer - ENG05 - Cleared On-Site Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Aurora, CO 80011, US
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Software Engineer - ENG05 - Cleared On-Site to join our team at our client’s site in Aurora, CO.
This Software Engineer is responsible to:
- Develop code in compliance with requirements and defined architecture
- Support discrepancy report (DR) work-off
- Support Test Engineering for integration and test activities and events
- Participate in Discrepancy Report Review Board (DRRB), as needed
- Occasionally, provide support to operations (remotely and on-site), and
- Occasionally, provide input to cost estimation efforts for MCRs, ECPs, and proposals.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance required
- Minimum 8 years of Java/C++ programming experience
- Minimum 8 years of SW development experience using object-oriented techniques
- United States Citizen
- Current/active TS/SCI SSBI level clearance is required
- Familiarity with Agile
- Familiarity with Linux
- Knowledge and/or experience with mission management/scheduling/flight dynamics
- Experience with Software design tools such as Rational Rose, Rhapsody, ClearCase, Git or comparable tools
- Experience with requirements and use case analysis
- Experience with scripting (Ruby, Perl, Python, PHP, etc.)
- Experience with agile (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, SAFe, etc)
- Experience and/or knowledge with DevOps and Continuous Integration
- Experience and/or knowledge with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) like Eclipse
- Knowledge and/or experience with mission management/scheduling/flight dynamics, to include:
- Satellite ground systems
- Mission Management systems
- Planning and Scheduling
- Command and Telemetry
- Flight Dynamics models
- Digital Signal Processing (FFTs, modulation/demodulation techniques)
- Knowledge of system integration and system test
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team
- Proven written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Engineering experience on a government software development contract
- Experience with complex satellite ground systems, particularly previous deployment of developed systems to ground station operations
- Experience in architecture design/development of SW centric system
- Qualified Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent
Applicant subject to a U.S. government security background investigation and must meet minimum eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Current TS/SCI security clearance required. U.S. citizenship required.
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor of Science, BS in Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Math.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.