Software Engineer - ENG04 - Cleared Off-Site Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Buckley AFB Aurora, CO, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Software Engineer - ENG04 - Cleared Off-Site to join our team at our client’s site in Buckley AFB Aurora, CO.
This position will support a 2 3-person software team that develops modifications and enhancements to existing software systems and supports the development and integration of new mission capabilities. This position will support an evolving system with opportunities for the candidate to provide technical input and direction.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Software development in JAVA and/or C++ within the context of the full software development lifecycle, including software requirements, design, development, debug and test
- Ability to integrate complex software and hardware subsystems and resolve identified conflicting issues
- Support to the design, development, integration and maintenance of new software functionality
- Leverage previously written code and make modifications as necessary
- Work closely with other disciplines (systems engineering, networking, configuration management, and hardware engineers) to troubleshoot and fix problems
- Respond to operational issues and troubleshoot discrepancies written against the system
- Describe complex and diverse engineering topics effectively
- Lead design performance & cost trade-offs for proposed engineering changes
- Prepare and manage man-power loading across the period of performance
- An active and in-scope U.S. TS/SCI security clearance with C.I. polygraph
- Bachelor s degree (preferably in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics field) and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in C++, JAVA, versioning control, and documenting bugs/fixes in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Demonstrated ability to work to a schedule and meet deliverable dates
- Maintain positive team dynamics with a team-success based attitude
- Able to perform all aspects of the software development lifecycle to include requirements definition and design, use case development, software development, testing and maintenance
- Develop and test resolutions to discrepancies and enhancements
- Develop and update documentation affected by software changes and ensures software standards are met
- Knowledge of troubleshooting, testing, fixing & configuration management techniques and tools
- Self-starter who works well within a team environment and has excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to support core hours 9am-3pm. The position allows for a flexible schedule but generally requires daytime support during core hours, with occasional after-hours call-in support for a 24x7 operations team to resolve issues based on mission criticality and management guidance
- Must have a current DODI 8570.1-M IAT Level I certification or must obtain the certification within first 60 days of employment
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.