Software Engineer 3 Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Titusville, FL 32780, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Software Engineer 3 to join our team at our client’s site in Titusville, FL.
Mid-Level Software Engineer to join the team in Titusville, Florida.
- Working in an Agile team environment to develop and maintain software components into a fully functional safety-critical control system
- Develop software documentation in support of the software life-cycle processes, requirements, and product management
- Lead software and complex database integration of Stage Controller system software product
- Analyze and solve complex problems
- Lead and participate in peer reviews will be necessary
- Analyze allocated requirements and generate detailed software components with existing requirements and designs
- Develop and maintain formal technical documents and procedures
- Work under minimal direction
- This position is 1st shift, but may require 2nd shift work.
- Position is located at Boeing Florida Space Coast Operation in Titusville, Florida, but will require increasingly frequent and some lengthy travel stays for development and testing at Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) and John C. Stennis Space Center (SSC).
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. US Person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- 5+ years of experience developing and debugging software using high-level programming languages (C, C++)
- 5+ years experience working in UNIX or LINUX environment
- 1+ years hands-on experience working in a team following a Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. Agile, Iterative, Waterfall) and producing required deliverables
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors degree or higher in computer science, software engineering
- Embedded development experience in a multi-core environment
- Experience with embedded development tools, including debuggers, emulators, data loggers, and static analysis
- Must demonstrate a depth of knowledge regarding embedded, real-time Firmware development using C++ and Object Oriented Design principles
- C/C++ software development and testing using Linux-based OS environments
- C/C++ software development for safety-critical control system
- Requires knowledge and experience with NASA ground support integration
- Experience in Ladder Logic
- Familiarity with EPICS control system and database development is highly desirable.
- Experience with DOORS, Bitbucket SCM, Artifactory, Jira and UML in Enterprise Architect desirable.
- Experience with software development methodologies: Agile, Kanban, Scrum, DevOps
- Candidate should have strong technical skills, excellent communication skills, be customer-oriented, positive, flexible, detail-oriented, and a strong team player
Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Ph.D., Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is a preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
BS in engineering (mechanical, aerospace, electrical, system, software, computer science, math, physics)
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients with the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.