Software Development Environment (SDE) Administrator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Colorado Springs, CO 80901, US
9+ Month Contract
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Software Development Environment (SDE) Administrator to join our team at our client’s site in Colorado Springs, CO.
This position will support the Software Development Environment (SDE) Team to ensure the C2BMC software development and integration staff has the required tools and processes in place to develop and integrate the C2BMC system.
This position' s responsibilities include:
- Implement and maintain an integrated software development environment across the two C2BMC software development sites (Huntsville AL and Colorado Springs CO).
- Perform necessary System Administration functions to support the SDE team and SDE applications.
- Integrate new technology and tools into the C2BMC software development environment.
- Document the configuration and use of the SDE and assist with training and mentoring the software developers using the toolset.
- Perform periodic upgrades and maintenance on the toolset.
- Work with Configuration Management and Program Operations to manage software licenses for the two development sites.
Experience in the following areas is desired:
- Maintaining and implementing configuration management tools, software migrations, and integration of code. Understanding of software build/package installs, and branching capabilities for software development applications. Trouble-shooting build and release problems and implementing solutions.
- Experience on both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Familiarity with Software Configuration Management tools and procedures, software release processes, and automation of builds and deliveries.
- Experience with software development pipeline and continuous integration/continuous deployment.
- Experience with Agile methodology, working in an integrated product team environment with other systems, software, and specialty engineers.
- Must have Final Secret or higher security Clearance
- Security+ or equivalent/higher certification or ability to obtain prior to start date is desired
Technical Skills needed:
The candidate must have substantial expertise in the full life-cycle software engineering practices and procedures applicable to large software systems to include:
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management, Engineering, and Data Management. Skill Set: ClearCase/ClearQuest, UCM, writing Perl & Unix Scripts, VBasic, ANT, Unix & Windows OS, Crystal Reports. Familiar with Oracle and Java. Preference: Working with Agile Development Methodology
- Recent hands on application development experience in the use of the Java programming language.
- Experience with software unit testing strategies, automated software builds, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Experience managing a code baseline which supports multiple hardware and software baselines.
- Familiarity with Software Configuration Management tools and procedures.
- Awareness of emerging technologies and experience with the use and selection of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS).
- Experience on both Windows and Linux platforms is required.
- Hands on experience with software development and CM tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, Fortify, SonarQube, Eclipse, JIRA, Confluence, and ClearCase.
- Familiarity with Application Hardening and Application STIGs.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.