Software Developer Coach Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Aurora, CO 80011, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Software Developer Coach to join our team at our client’s site in Aurora, Colorado.
We are seeking a talented, experienced and passionate Software Developer Coaches to join our clients DevSecOps Transformation Team. You will be responsible for helping adopt DevSecOps skills, tools and culture as a new way of working. (Working knowledge of Agile, CI/CD, and Lean are also essential.) In our dojo, you will be collaborating with other coaches and Transformation Team members to help programs adopt the mindset, processes, organization, and tools needed to master DevSecOps. Specifically, as a software developer coach, you will be helping teams to better write, test, package, build, integrate, secure, deploy, operate, and monitor system capabilities in new and legacy software.
Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI DoD Security Clearance.
NOTE: Candidates with a current TS/SCI Security Clearance or higher are eligible for a 20k sign on bonus if the clearance is confirmed and the candidate is hired.
- Coaching teams and stakeholders in the adoption of DevSecOps and related disciplines, such as Agile
- Working side by side with technical professionals in the adoption of new approaches to developing, testing, and automating
- Developing software applications alongside program teams-in-training, in their own codebase, incorporating and sharing best practices for testing, building, packaging, refactoring, and other activities
- Conveying the benefits of these practices, such as the importance of software craftsmanship
- Developing short, hands-on tutorials on technical and other subjects
- Assessing programs and advising them on their DevSecOps transformation strategy
- Expanding and evolving the general transformation strategy approach
- Working with other Transformation Team members in an Agile fashion, such as participating in planning, backlog grooming, standups, and retrospectives
- Learning and adopting multiple roles within the transformation team
- Helping teams-in-training add test and other pipeline automation to their existing systems
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance and US Citizenship required
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience coaching teams
- Full stack developer with 8+ years of experience in Java or C++ utilizing build, test and deployment automation tools (JUnit, Cucumber, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.), and with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins), configuration management tools (e.g. Chef)
- 10+ years of Agile development experience
- Experience with cloud and containerization: AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work closely with other engineers and management
- Ability to develop and deliver training material
- Ability to develop a transformation roadmap with a team and stakeholders, and to adjust it on the fly as needed
- Technical lead experience
- Hands-on experience using Agile planning tools such as JIRA
- Agile certifications
- Software architecture experience including 12 Factor App and microservices
- Experience with scaled Agile frameworks and other approaches to cross-team alignment, collaboration, and delivery
- Experience coaching stakeholders and leaders involved in transformation
B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or a related field with 10+ years of experience
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.