Software Architect Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Francisco, CA 94105, US
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Software Artichect to join our team at our client’s site in San Francisco, Ca..
Our cutting edge Digital Streaming Media Client is looking for a Software Architect to join their stealth team of engineers. The role will be hands-on and ultimately responsible for the delivery of a global streaming service to several international markets.
Hands on architecture and development
· Propose, review, and maintain key technical decisions, standards, practices, and policies
· Collaborate with various teams to execute projects in a timely manner
· Collaborate with external partners
· Maintain an awareness of best practices in the technology industry and implement as appropriate
· Creates and maintains architectural roadmaps to support the implementation of the future architectural vision.
· Propose migration paths for future strategies.
· Creates business and technical architecture, leading the process from conceptual to physical design, specifying functions and documenting effectively.
· Conduct complete analysis of complex technical and business problems, including those involving multiple systems, customers, platforms, and technologies.
· Continually improves work procedures and processes for the team
· Foster a culture of accountability and continuous learning
· Mentor and guide team members, provide technical oversight and leadership necessary to accomplish work.
· Effectively communicate highly technical information to business partners and staff
· Establish architectural principles, recommend design patterns, and mentoring team members in their appropriate application
· 10+ years of development experience and expert knowledge of Web and/or application development
· Experience working across multiple interdisciplinary teams
· Experience working with distributed teams
· Experience working with high volume websites, media companies is a plus
· Prior management experience with proven success at leading development teams
· Prior experience managing an engineering teams
· Experience mentoring and coaching engineers
· Successful track record of designing and architecting solutions
· Passionate about application performance and knows different techniques to do optimization
· 10+ years of experience developing applications
· 5+ years of experience on React framework
· 5+ years of experience on NodeJS
· Experience on tools like Gulp and Webpack and can coach other developers when needed
· Experience with Git and can coach other developers when needed
You might also have
· Understanding of edge caching/CDN networks
· Experience with caching systems (memcache,redis, akamai, varnish, etc.)
· Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and build tools.
· Experience with cloud based infrastructure
· Working knowledge of network protocols like TCP/IP and HTTP and the understanding of what makes a RESTful API great
· Prior experience with adaptive video streaming technologies, digital advertising platforms, and/or web analytics integration
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.