Software Application Developer-Product 3 Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
O?Fallon, IL 62269, US
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Software Application Developer-Product 3 to join our team at our client’s site in O’Fallon, IL.
Performs architectural trade studies and contributes to the development of documentation and maintenance of software architectures. Participates in internal and external architecture reviews. Provides data, recommendations, and estimates for software component level project planning including corrective action plans. Coordinates and participates in project management reviews and compliance audits. Develops Computer Software Units (CSUs) software requirements and algorithms. Defines internal interfaces. Performs requirements allocation between hardware, software, and operators. Participates in requirement team and peer reviews as a presenter and evaluator. Performs requirements change assessment and provides a technical interface to requirement change-assessment meetings. Develops supplier/subcontract performance assessment including appropriate metrics. Makes recommendations of adequacy of subcontractor/supplier technical approach to project lead. Helps resolve programmatic and technical problems that would impact cost, schedule and/or performance. Develops, maintains, and unit tests code. Develops/decomposes, documents, and maintains designs for software. Participates in internal design reviews and builds large scale software systems. Participates in software integration efforts. Troubleshoots and investigates problems across software components. Develops, selects, tailors, and deploys processes and tools. Establishes metrics. Participates in process reviews. Provide expertise on software methodologies and processes to internal/external customers. Supports operational and integration issue resolution.
Describe the project they will be working on:
• Size of the Team: Overall size of project team is around 70 people. Position will be on one of seven agile development teams with 8-10 people.
• Job Description/Responsibilities: Will be a senior developer on one of our agile development teams. Expect the individual to be well qualified in coding and be able to mentor more junior developers.
• What are the Top 3-5 Skills needed to perform this role/job?: Java development skills, agile software development, XML/Service oriented architecture, React, Angular and CSS
• Top 3-5 Soft Skills for culture fit: good communication, comfortable in a fast paced, flexible environment, self-motivated, team player
• Type of background you are looking for (education, # yrs experience, etc.): needs 1015 years software development experience, primarily looking for a developer skilled in front end, user facing software development skills.
• Software skills required: Java development skills, front end development experience, agile software development, XML/Service oriented architecture,
• Any certifications required? No
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.