ServiceNow Developer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Chantilly, VA 22033, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a ServiceNow Developer to join our team at our client’s site in Chantilly, VA.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background experienced in designing ServiceNow applications. Candidate will be experienced in driving technology solutions and improvements.
Role location: Chantilly, VA (onsite 5 days per week)
Clearance Required: TS/SCI with ability to obtain CI poly
· Develop and maintain ServiceNow services
· Design, implement, test, and support ServiceNow applications and documents design ideas
· Participate in requirement gathering sessions
· Collaborate with the team on application architecture design and decision-making
· Configures and tunes ServiceNow application servers
· Ensure cleanliness and optimization of ServiceNow code
· Participate in production troubleshooting and issue correction for ServiceNow applications after production implementations
· Participates in production issues remediation and troubleshooting as needed
· Solve complex production issues
· Predict emerging customer needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them
· Perform system and application configuration and management. Provide customer support of tickets assigned to the ServiceNow team
· Complete development, configuration and workflow administration to support business processes in the platform
· Participate in the full software development life cycle: Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, Training, and Operational Support
· Uses scripting tools and ServiceNow functionality, create script to automate routine tasks being done in ServiceNow
· Provide configuration update support and functionality checking within the development cycle of ServiceNow
· Work with development team to migrate updates into the production environment
· Developing, testing, deploying and updating workflows, approval flows and rules
· Experience developing ServiceNow applications ITSM, ITOM, and ITBM
· Strong Unix/Linux system knowledge and administrator experience
· 4+ years of tooling and automation development experience
· Intermediate or higher knowledge of Python
· Extended knowledge of API design (JSON, REST, etc.)
· Solid understanding of Layer 1-4 fundamental protocols
· Knowledge of standard networking monitoring technologies (SNMP, *Flow, etc.) a plus
· Knowledge on network device configuration and management a plus
· Experience in configuration development on Management Software (Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef, etc.) a plus
· Knowledge of SQL
· Knowledge of Unit Test framework a plus
· Knowledge of Agile & Scrum Methodologies
· Occasional domestic and international travel may be necessary
Strong Technical Leadership, teamwork, collaboration and communication skills (oral and written)
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.