Senior Windows System Administrator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Colorado Springs, CO 80917, US
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Senior Windows System Administrator to join our team at our client’s site in Colorado Springs, CO.
Description of Duties:
- The Senior Windows System Administrator supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract.
The candidate will:
- Be a member of a technical team in the timely installation of developer-provided baseline software, hardware and configurations in a multi-million dollar mission system testbed
- Build, configure, deploy, administer, maintain and troubleshoot virtual and physical servers/systems
- Evaluate and assess developer-provided documentation and media to installation deadlines with provided resources
- Make recommendations to plan, develop and execute work plans that achieve critical-path requirements
- Manage, perform system changes in accordance with developer documentation, configuration management and documentation practices
- Assist integration leads and managers in problem definition, analysis, requirement development and implementation as needed
- Advise team members and leadership; make appropriate technical recommendations regarding system development issues/improvements, optimization tools and methods, process creation and development, and support efforts
- Track and report installation progress to appropriate managers on a daily basis
- Perform necessary physical inspections and research using system/event logs, appropriate tools/software, etc… to identify problems, trends and aid in troubleshooting actions
- Coordinate, collaborate and communicate with multiple internal/external team members and government representatives in the accomplishments of daily duties
- Coordinate and schedule developer support during installations as needed
- Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 12 years of
- general experience; Associate' s degree and 10 years of general experience; Bachelor' s degree and 8 years of general experience; Master' s degree and 6 years of general experience.
- Must have 7 years of directly related experience in installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Windows operating systems and applications such as Windows Server 2012 - 2016 and Windows 10
- Must have 1 year of experience in a management or leadership role
- Must have strong knowledge of Active Directory Users and Computers, Sites and Services, DNS, Group Policy, TCP/IP networking and LDAP
- Must have strong understanding of troubleshooting approaches and root cause analysis.
- Must have experience building, configuring and deploying servers/systems using VSphere 6.0+
- Must have a working knowledge of light PowerShell scripting
- Must be able to solve complex integration and technical problems in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Must be able to interface with software engineers, systems engineers, developers, and subject matter experts
- Must be able to resolve routine sustainment and break /fix issues
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization with internal and external customers, in written and oral format
- Must have a current DoD approved 8570 Level II certification such as Security+ CE
- Must have, or be able to obtain, an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Have experience with Multi Factor Authentication methodology
- Have experience with patch and software management using HCL BigFix
- Have experience with HP hardware
- Have experience with NetApp NAS storage
- Have the ability, knowledge, and experience in Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Have an MCSA / MCSE or equivalent certification
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.