Senior Systems Administrator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Hayward, CA 94540, US
6-9 Month Contract
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to join our team at our client’s site in Hayward, CA.
Senior Systems Administrator in Hayward, CA.
The Sr. Systems Administrator is responsible for establishing/improving appropriate systems management processes. This position is responsible for helping manage over 400 virtual servers. Responsibilities include systems planning, design, installation, patching, and optimization of Windows servers.
Role and Responsibilities
- Gathering requirements, designing, implementing, and managing windows servers
- Performs operating system installation and performance tuning
- Administers and designs storage solutions
- Coordinates the testing and implementation of solutions
- Prepares, analyzes, revises, and updates reports to be more useful and efficient, and furnishes reports as necessary
- Recommends and implements techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs, take advantage of opportunities, and maintain state-of-the-art practices
- Acts within scope of authority and consistent with company objectives, guidelines, policies, and practices
- Keeps abreast of current trends and practices in the field of expertise
- Assists users with questions regarding systems/applications
- Updates and maintains reference manuals (internal and otherwise)
- Provide day-to-day technical support and general systems management (user/group management, license management, systems configuration, etc.)
- Performs routine security and configuration audits
- Performs a wide range of system administration duties, including support of corporate enterprise applications, databases, laptops, servers, and network equipment
- Leverage the internal help-desk support systems and processes to ensure that IT issues impacting employees worldwide are quickly resolved
- Proactively oversee the monitoring of all IT devices, applications, and services using a combination of tools, including Microsoft SCCM, Solarwinds Orion
- Strong knowledge of VMware and Citrix XenDesktop administration is required
- Propose and implement system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system
- And other responsibilities as defined by the IT Manager
- B.S in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Current Microsoft MCSE and VMWare VCP/VCAP certification a plus
- Must be available for on-call support of 24x7 operation rotation
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, SNMP, Active Directory, SSL, IIS, SQL, WSUS, SCCM
- Should have 3+ years of experience with planning, deploying, and administration of Exchange, VMWare vSphere, Citrix XenDesktop, and NetApp or Tegile storage
- Should have 7+ years of experience administering Windows Servers and Active Directory infrastructure in medium to large organizations
- Strong scripting and automation experience (PowerShell, VB) highly desired
- Understanding of IT management frameworks (such as ITIL and COBIT) preferred
- IT experience in the banking industry and with Fiserv environments is a plus
- Strong ability to follow written procedures and meet timelines
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Excellent customer service, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.