Senior Software Engineer-Video Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Francisco, CA 94101, US
Contract to Perm
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Senior Software Engineer-Video to join our team at our client’s site in San Francisco, CA.
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team remotely for our client.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about building publishing workflows and
Content Management Systems.
● Implement integrations and adapters for 3rd-party solutions;
● Set up, implement and maintain continuous delivery and integration strategies across services and
● Encourage an engineering culture that promotes test-driven development and code coverage;
● Work with building our live streaming platform for the creation of cloud-based infrastructure for live
What you bring to the team:
● Fluency in Python or similar high-level programming language
● Experience with AWS Media Services (Medialive, MediaConnect, MediaPackage, MediaStore)
● Knowledge of microservices and distributed systems programming
● Experience working with REST API’s and data-interchange formats such as JSON and XML
● Experience with containers technology and management such as Docker and Kubernetes
● Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaS) tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
● Experience with technical writing and design documentation
You might also have
● Fluency in modern systems programming languages such as Go and/or Rust
● Familiarity with video protocols such as RTP, RTMP, HLS, HDS, Smooth Streaming;
● Familiarity with modern video codecs like H264, VP8, VP9, AV1;
● Previous experience with video processing services such as AWS Elemental
MediaConvert/MediaLive, BitMovin, Hybrik, Zencoder, Encoding.com
● Experience with Digital Rights Management Systems (DRM), including Playready, Widevine &
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.