Senior Project Manager - Austin, TX Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Austin, TX 78733, US
Business Analyst/Project Management
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our client's team in Austin, Texas.
Mobility in the United States is in the forefront of a technological revolution. Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is an innovative partner to agencies in their transformation by combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow’s needs.
We at ITS help make agencies smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS), and Smart Lighting. Also providing Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service – we are at the forefront of Smart Mobility solutions.
In this exciting environment an opportunity is available for a Senior Project Manager to join our team in Austin, Texas.
Successful candidates will have spent at least 15 years in progressively responsible positions in ITS solutions and transportation infrastructure projects exceeding at least $20M in budget. Ideal candidates will have experience working in projects including – triple constraints, commercial considerations, legal constraints, partner identification, claim management, quality management and risk and opportunity management.
Candidates have experience in managing road infrastructure engineering and construction on projects for Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) and Smart Cities solutions. They will be responsible for leading project teams during project execution and guarantee meeting business goals and customer satisfaction by executing the project on time and in budget.
The role requires a proven track record of solid leadership, technical, organizational, and communication skills and as well as professional engineering experience in the transportation industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering. MBA or M.S. degree preferred
- 15 years of experience in ITS industry working for Engineering consultants or Government agencies
- PE license, any US state
- PMP certification, PMI
- Overview of traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive, transit signal priority, and V2I solutions
- Relocation to Austin, Texas
- 30% travel within the U.S
- Outstanding communication, leadership, interpersonal and customer intimacy skills
- Deliver project on time, in budget and in line with required quality
- Coordinate with internal departments and external partners
- Successfully deliver the project based on customer requirements and Siemens (PM@Siemens) project management guidelines
- Lead project teams and direct subject matter experts, support functions, and third-party partners to execute customer projects and achieve project targets
- Interface and communicate with the customer, suppliers and subcontractors on all project-related topics, risks, and opportunities
- Performs detailed planning of the work packages, the resources needed and time schedule. Organizes and supervises the interface, requirements and configuration management
- Ensures compliance with regards to technical, deadlines, commercial and qualitative project targets in consideration of guidelines
- Defines the technical measurement criteria and control factors for the project
- Identifies early deviations in the project and problem causes and proposes sustainable solutions
- Apply both PMP and Professional Engineering principles
- Professional and eloquent communication with customers, vendors, subcontractors, and engineering consultants
- Lead customer-facing activities (customer interviews, Q/A sessions, project milestone meetings, design approvals, final acceptance procedures) from bid generation to project acceptance and closure
- Driving all external and internal offer approval and release requests and processes in an expedited manner and with the highest quality
- Procurement, Legal and Field Operations) to develop a strong bid response
- Review RFP's for feasibility and profitability
- Understand customer needs with attention to detail and match them with Siemens’ value proposition and unique selling points
- Present Senior Management with recommendations for improving volume, market share and price
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.