Senior Programmer Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Colorado Springs, CO 80916, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Sr. Programmer Analyst to join our team at our client’s site in Colorado Springs, CO.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in using up-to-date software development tools and techniques, architecting modular solutions and project managing development projects with internal and external development resources. They will support all Operations related IT Applications related user interfaces, process controls, application interfaces, machine-to-machine communications, system integrations, and back end MS SQL Server databases requirements. Incumbent will work closely with Operational personnel to study existing operations and design, document, develop, implement and project manage new applications and enhancements to existing solutions, and any Operations focused IT applications related upgrades.
- Perform custom development across single and/or multiple process and technology platforms (CIM, MES, SPC, Data Warehouse, etc.) and programming languages (C#, .NET, SQL, Java, etc.)
- Identify and clearly understand/describe work requirements, specific customer issues, and specific work deliverables. Includes resource requirements, feasibility and preliminary cost analyses and ROI analyses (as required), and process/technology requirements creation/analyses/management
- Understand how a program has been developed to perform a specific process and being able to troubleshoot when a program is executed without the desired result
- Apply defined IT standards, frameworks and guidelines to create effective development solutions
- Synthesize data to formulate recommendations that will improve efficiency or optimize performance across process and/or technology platforms
- Lead sessions with developers (internal and external) to review their code, requirements documents and ensure that development adheres to standards to include the preparation of functional specifications for key Operations stakeholder customization required for all development, implementation, maintenance and system stabilization to include all testing, quality assurance, and written documentation
- The ability to understand and effectively apply the IT change control process through the SDLC
- Support the day-to-day operations in a 24x7 manufacturing operations environment with the ability to leverage Application Vendor Support Processes to resolve Production Support and/or Development issues
- Provide Executive and Key Stakeholder presentations and training as required
Minimum Qualifications/Mandatory Requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science field preferred or equivalent technical degree
- 5+ years of technical experience in defining, building, and managing Microsoft SQL Server databases to include SSIS and SSAS
- 4+ years’ experience in developing and maintaining MS SQL Server reporting tools and dashboards to include SSRS
- Experience with Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) and Equipment Interfaces preferred
- Experience with Message Bus technology preferred (and specifically Tibco Rendezvous)
- Experience managing projects with internal and/or external development resources
- Well versed with requirements gathering/analyses, technical documentation and SDLC processes
- Experience with version control solutions and its integration with IT Applications
- Understanding of best practices and their performance implications. Preference for those with experience in highly customized environments.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.