Senior Network Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Hayward, CA 94540, US
6-9 Month Contract
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Hayward, CA.
Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Network engineer performs activities required to design, build, deploy and support Fremont Bank’s Enterprise LAN/WAN network and supporting branch operations, production datacenters, applications, telephony and video systems and other devices. This is a technical position, and requires strong troubleshooting and analytical skills - combined with a keen ability to communicate well in both verbal and written form
Roles and Responsibilities
- Respond, troubleshoot, identify root cause and remediate issues in a complete, documented and timely manner
- Ensure that appropriate monitoring, alerting and logging mechanisms are in place and functioning optimally all the time
· Ensure network devices are configured and maintained in accordance with appropriate standards, best practices, and regulatory compliance requirements. Utilize and follow the change management process for network changes.
· Provide Level 3 support to Network Operations for all LAN/WAN issues.
· Keep abreast of new technologies and recommend adoption as appropriate. Identify areas for automation or other process improvement.
· Participate in team on-call rotation and provide support during project and operations related cutovers.
· Partner with business units to best understand the organization’s needs and plan, design, implement & support production data centers.
· Design, Configure, Implement and Support connectivity to leading Cloud providers per business requirements.
· Manage network uptime by auditing & enhancing network monitoring
· Management of multiple high-visibility, high-impact projects simultaneously
· Work with cross functional teams supporting our business applications and on-prem infrastructure & cloud
· Proactively identify gaps, risks and issues and navigates organizational structure to resolve them
· Plan, design and coordinate the implementation of WAN or Internet related activities in support of defined requirements generated by business and growth demands
· Validate project requirements, define project scope, develop project schedules and produce detailed designs for assigned project
· Perform analysis and diagnosis of highly sophisticated networking problems related to WAN or Internet
· Prepare and maintain up to date documentation details of the deployed solutions
· Plan and execute highly sophisticated network upgrades and migration activities
· Assists with deployment and strategy of tools and related Network Management Systems
· Provides mentorship for existing network team members as appropriate
· Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
· Expert knowledge of Cisco networking equipment and software - Cisco CCNP (CCIE is a plus) or equivalent work experience
· Hands-on Senior Network Engineer with over 10 years of experience in network design, architecture, administration of multi-platform LAN/WAN environments.
· Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex systems and network environments
· Experience designing and supporting high-availability networks in load-balanced, n-tier application environments
· Experience supporting secure enterprise wireless networks; including Meraki knowledge and experience
· 10+ years of experience with planning and design of customer facing production data centers
· Strong knowledge and experience in IP networking, L2/L3 network protocols (spanning-tree, OSPF, BGP), LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, routing, QOS, VLAN, ACL, NAC.
· Strong WAN background
· SD WAN project implementation experience a plus
· Expert knowledge in building hybrid cloud approach
· Expert knowledge and experience VPN encryption technologies, modern switching platforms, and firewalls including policy implementation and capacity management
· Expert knowledge of Cisco equipment is highly desirable
· Expert knowledge and experience with routing protocols and traffic engineering
· Experience with infrastructure testing and troubleshooting tools including packet capture devices, network equipment debug and diagnostics, (Wireshark, NetFlow, SolarWinds Orion, NetBrain)
· Experience in security-policy implementation and how to manage design and support of network environments to maintain policy integrity
· Experience in improving network monitoring in order to avoid service disruptions.
· Proven ability to manage mission-critical, highly visible infrastructure projects to completion.
· Experience in Telephony & understanding of various standards
· Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
· Automation experience is a plus
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.