Senior DevOps Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Burbank, CA 91505, US
9+ Month Contract
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Burbank, Ca..
●Field a variety of request types ranging from the basic to extremely complex requests; These issues can include resource access issues, operating system problems, cloud vendor problems, service delivery outages etc. This requires being on a PagerDuty rotation.
●Maintain and evolve the centralized services that are managed by the Devops team. This includes multiple cloud services such as AWS, PagerDuty, Github and more. Tasks can include the following:
○ AWS account creation, VPC creation, providing access using IAM, configuring VPN and monitoring infrastructure, across multiple AWS accounts.
○Configuring Github access, Installing and securing Github app integrations.
○Configuring PagerDuty teams, services and service integrations.
○Okta integrations with various internal applications and cloud services.
●Design and deploy infrastructure as code using CDK, Terraform or Cloudformation. Assist engineering teams with infrastructure lifecycle from conception through deprecation. Assist engineering teams with code delivery using common code delivery tools and methodologies.
●Design and build observability stacks both integrated with and independent of applications. Design observability for performance monitoring, operational health and operational efficiency. Build event specific observability stacks that focus on specific application tiers and their associated metrics as needed. Regularly utilize tools to query metrics and logs to maintain operational awareness through alerting and notifications.
●Automate application and Infrastructure deployments and updates using CICD tools and methodologies such as Github, Github Actions, Atlantis, Infrastructure as Code, CodeBuild, Codedeploy, Codepipeline and related tools. Ensure operational excellence by automating scale-in/scale-out, resource parking, technology refresh etc.
● Employ security best practices as defined by our security team. Provide access to resources using least privileges. Monitor security vulnerabilities using cloud security tools such as AWS config and Divvy Cloud. Remediate identified security issues on a regular basis in order to maintain the highest security standards.
● Develop and maintain close relationships with the engineering teams as they develop and deploy applications and infrastructure. Advise teams on best practices for creating and deploying infrastructure, designing code for cloud deployment, securing their workloads, maintaining low costs and monitoring their workloads and infrastructure.
● Lead engineers with hands-on technical help and general guidance. Foster learning through one on one sessions, demos, and deep dives. Discover, develop and implement process improvements for greater operational efficiency.
● Create and maintain documentation at every suitable opportunity. Share documentation within and outside of the Devops team through demos, brown bags and deep dives. Maintain industry awareness through self paced and formal training.
● Design, implement and evolve an automated cloud security remediation strategy.
● Work closely with one or more development teams to provide and extend parity in support coverage.
● Provide focused event support during major sports related events.
● Improve existing tools and develop new tools to build efficiencies into our shared services catalog.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
● a willingness to pivot in an ever evolving work environment.
● a strong working knowledge of AWS (or equivalent).
● experience deploying infrastructure as code using Terraform, CDK or Cloudformation.
● worked closely with security teams to improve, automate and remediate security concerns and issues in cloud environments.
● experience scripting in a variety of languages (Bash, Python, Node, etc.)
● experience in monitoring & logging technologies including agent, agentless, synthetic, etc. Experience using data to identify systemic problems, debug known problems and troubleshoot new issues as they arise.
● a strong understanding of automation with regard to code delivery, system management and data gathering/reporting.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.