Senior Data Modeler Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Denver, CO 80203, US
6-9 Month Contract
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Senior Data Modeler to join our team at our client s site in Denver, CO.
The Data Modeler role reports to the Chief Data Officer (CDO) and implements the data governance software and processes. The software in use is Erwin Data Modeler and Data Governance deployed on Amazon Web Services. The Data Modeler will perform the installation, where necessary, and maintenance of the software. The Data Modeler will also implement the data governance processes within the ERWin tool as well. This position will work with the Program Manager to ensure deliverables are met within the time frames define and with the resources devoted to the project. Work with other technical resources to install, manage and update the data modeler and data governance software as well as manage connections between these tools and various operational data source systems.
- Deploy metadata repositories used in data governance practices based on the metamodel defined by the Data Architect and populate and administer the metadata repositories.
- Generate deliverables from the repositories including data lexicons, data dictionaries, and various data artifacts along with reports and analysis.
- Reverse engineer and document data schemas in the ERWin tool for data systems incorporated into systems. This documentation will provide background information for data sharing and integrations.
- Assist in supporting data stewardship groups within agencies and supporting other data governance and data discovery efforts in the agency and helping the agency in understanding data models and metadata.
- Ability to understand and support a Data Development LifeCycle
- Diagnosing and resolving permission issues associated with tool administration.
- Familiarity with one or more RDBMS environment including Oracle, SQL Server, Greenplum, Postgres.
- Ability to understand data structures (Schemas, tables and columns) in multiple environments and relate them to standard meta data structures.
- Review configuration and installation parameters of tool with JAI technical architect and other technical resources.
- Review, update and maintain documentation for installation and configuration of the tool.
- Work with OIT technical staff implement connectivity and other configuration parameters to ensure effective operation of the tool.
- Work with JAI architect to consider possible architecture changes to improve the tool s operation.
- Maintain user accounts and access to the tool.
- Maintain documentation of the tool.
- Monitor use of the tool.
- Deploy metamodel as defined by the Data Architect within the ERWin tool
- Deploy business glossary and data lexicon with tool
- Configure ERWin user portal to provide access to data governance information to agency users
- Populate metamodel with metadata for data from operational systems
- Populate data glossary and lexicon
- Reverse engineer data schemas from source systems involved
- Document data schemas, attribute definitions and relationships between entities pages
- Identify redundant fields and necessary tables versus interim or work tables
- Support identification of authoritative sources among data attributes
- Structure data to identify common entities and attributes among data sources to arrive at a normative data model for human services
Requirements: 5-10 years of experience and expert ERWin configuration and implementation experience.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.