Security Architect Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Washington, DC 20002, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Security Architect to join our team at our client’s site in Washington, DC.
· Leads and assists in the delivery of cyber security and IT security engineering projects.
· Creates security architecture standards for adoption of new technology.
· Identifies, quantifies, and recommends mitigation actions for security risks as they relate to enterprise projects.
· Produces management reporting, including appropriate metrics that inform senior leadership as to the state of information risk and exposure.
· Understands security product / service cost drivers and industry and business trends impacting the Agency information security program.
· Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing security policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
· Provides information security matter expertise to technology teams and projects.
· Evaluates and recommends security software/hardware and its integration into existing architecture.
· Researches and benchmarks security infrastructure technologies as it relates to the organization.
Required Skills / Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline preferred.
· 7 to 10 years of progressive experience in technical roles in cyber security.
· Experience leading security design and architecture reviews of large applications, systems and networks.
· Deep security expertise in at least one of the following (1) Windows and Active Directory, (2) networking/routing/switching and/or applications based on .NET, C or C#.
· A track record of success in securing large and complex environments, such as data centers or other industrial spaces.
· Experience navigating business through complex risk decisions.
· CISSP, Security +, FISMA, NIST
This position requires the candidate to have an ACTIVE Top Secret clearance. The candidate must also be able to obtain and maintain SCI access within 6 months of hire date.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.