Quality Assurance Engineer I Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Vista, CA 92081, US
6-9 Month Contract
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer I to join our team at our client’s site in Vista, CA.
In this role the ideal candidate will perform quality engineering assignments of considerable complexity under limited direction supervision. The candidate will conduct statistical analysis in the form of capability studies, DOE’s, etc. to evaluate processes. Candidates may also perform assignments with business systems process, metrology or customer program support roles.
· Designs, installs and continually evaluates quality assurance and/or control methods and systems.
· Develops standards, procedures, and work instructions to provide quality guidance and to facilitate training activities.
· Performs training in internal auditing, mechanical inspection and statistical techniques.
· Develops sampling plans and statistical methods to be utilized by manufacturing and inspection in assessing the quality levels of products and processes to include determination of control points and charting methods.
· Interfaces with engineering and CMM programmers, to design fixtures and processes to ensure the effectiveness of measurement systems.
· Conducts internal and external audits and supplier surveys to verify capability and/or compliance.
· Coordinates and participates in material review activities to determine nonconforming product dispositions and corrective actions.
· Develops, generates, and analyzes reports and returned products to identify trends and to facilitate corrective action/quality improvements.
· Provides technical guidance to all personnel to assist in the use of statistical process control and problem-solving techniques.
· Plans, conducts and takes action regarding gauge R&R, product and process capability studies.
· Performs QE liaison activities as required to support internal/external customer service and satisfaction
· Provide other quality engineering support as assigned by the Quality Manager
· Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field; and/or Professional Engineer, and/or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or equivalent.
· A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience; manufacturing experience preferred.
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Excellent communications skills, with ability to read and analyze complex information.
· Advanced math skills, with ability to interpret technical data, in mathematical or diagram form.
· Thorough knowledge in mechanical inspection techniques.
· In –depth knowledge and implementation of statistical techniques, with ability to identify, analyze and define possible solutions for continuous product and process improvement.
· Good knowledge and understanding of computer programs, applications and databases.
· Works effectively with a diverse group of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.