Project Manager - Plumbing Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sacramento, CA 95826, US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Project Manager - Plumbing to join our team at our client’s site in Sacramento, CA.
The Project Manager is expected develop and maintain a client base, manage HVAC/plumbing sales, and manage the field labor for each project. The Senior Project Manager will use judgement and discretion in representing the company. He/she is expected to show a high level of commitment and involvement with his/her work and the company’s business.
- Project Management
- The Project Manager is the single source responsibility to CLIENT and the customer.
- Perform all project management functions required to promote and finalize sales including concept engineering, complete estimates, written proposals, direct meetings, to successful job completion.
- Successful management of contracts, including sales, estimating, procurement, and execution
- Scheduling of field labor and installation sequencing.
- Understand financial aspects of the job
- Forecasting prepare budget projection and control costs within agreed upon limits.
- Provide letters, proposals, memos, contracts, change orders, strategies, etc. for good business procedures and legal protection.
- Billing, knowing job costs
- Build and manage relationships with internal and external customers
- External – leadership of client meetings and development of contracts to finalize sales. Maintain cordial relationships with all clients, including vendors, subcontractors, and the industry.
- Internal – Provide supervision, leadership and coordination of all departmental efforts including Engineering, Purchasing, Accounting, Construction and Service during project construction in a timely manner.
- Contribute and be part of special studies, committees, etc. to advance technical abilities in engineering, planning and estimating, installation procedures, etc.
- Effective communication with internal and external customers
- Consult with appropriate personnel including all Management and Department Heads.
- Attend all Project Management Sales and Construction Meetings.
- Schedule and coordinate pre-construction job meetings with department heads and supervisors.
- Utilize internal resources to fullest extent
- The Project Manager utilizes and coordinates staff from all departments, as needed, for each project. During the life of a project, the Project Manager manages and supervises employees assigned to the project.
- Mentoring – act as mentor to others, actively participate in recruiting, training, coaching
- Other duties and special assignments as directed by upper management to accomplish mutually agreed upon goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in estimating, design, and management of HVAC projects from $50, 000 to $25+ million
- Ability to operate independently and autonomously
- Demonstrate a corresponding high sense of integrity
- Demonstrated experience/ability to develop new business
- Strong interpersonal and project management abilities, employing strong organizational skills to respond successfully to a high volume of issues.
- Maintain a community presence in an industry-based or community-based organization.
- Proactivity / Initiative: Recognizes what needs to be done and accomplishes it in a manner appropriate for one’s level/position and with minimal supervision.
- Perseverance: Shows the wherewithal to fight for difficult goals despite challenges and to bounce back from adversity.
- Insight: The ability to gather and make sense of information that suggests new possibilities.
- Engagement: Shows a knack for using emotion and logic to communicate a persuasive vision and connect with people.
- Teamwork: The ability to effectively work toward common goals with others by supporting, encouraging, and sharing information in an authentic and approachable manner.
- Big Picture: Understands and contributes to organizations’ short- and long-term business strategy. On a personal level has independently developed a vision for short- and long-term career success.
- Motivation / Dedication: Commits to excellence in pursuing unselfish goals. Initiates action with collective goals takes responsibility and shows personal humility.
- Technical Curiosity / Willingness to Learn: Interest in seeking out new experiences, knowledge, and candid feed, back; demonstrating an openness to learning and change.
- Problem-Solver: Ability to identify, analyze, and solve a problem in support of personal, group, department, or organizational objectives.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- You are a responsible person with the ability to multi-task. You understand that regular & routine attendance is required.
Monday through Friday beginning between 6: 00 am and 7: 00 am and ending between 4: 00 pm and 5: 00 pm, with one hour for lunch. Eight hours per day is required, and occasional overtime may be necessary due to business needs.
O – 5% of the time to and from the assigned office location to regional branch offices and/or to project/customer site(s).
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.