Project Manager-Ops Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Burbank, CA, US
9+ Month Contract
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Project Manager-Ops to join our team at our client’s site in Burbank, CA..
- Our cutting edge client is looking for a Technical Project Manager for their Video OPs team for a 12 plus month contract.
- Your Day To Day:
- Responsible for system wide operations to resolve urgent issues and remove impediments for the multiple cross-functional teams.
- Collect and analyze production issues from stakeholders, customer support, an internal teams through managing the triage kanban board (Jira) and triage accordingly to the right teams for mitigation, resolution and release.
- Codify our escalation and triage process, improving playbooks, approval processes and process rollouts around risk mitigation and issue resolution..
- Ensure appropriate controls are met in the bug triage KPIs and SLAs pertaining to release and deployment processes, enforcing issue writing and identification best practices with Jira ticket writing acting as process champion.
- Act as project manager for the functional and video QA teams.
- Act as project manager/scrum master for Video Operations Liveteam, ensuring the analytical, prioritization and operational functions of the team are efficient, cohesive and handled in a timely manner
- Work with teams in different timezones, from USA, Canada, LaTam, Europe and Australia. Therefore needs to be flexible with your workshift schedule.
- Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- Scrum Master certification with deep understanding of all things Agile (Scrum, Kanban and other methodologies)
- 3+ years multi-project management experience in a technical (SDLC) environment
- Understanding release and deployment processes for frontend and backend platforms, including but not limited to backend (API, SRE, Dev Ops) and front end (Native Apps, websites).
- Experienced with video CMS, streaming technologies, live stream operations, or metadata/video localization
- Deep knowledge of agile and traditional frameworks
- Extensive experience road-mapping, planning, gantt as well as encouraging iterative processes and feedback milestones in the SDLC
- Experience with Bitbucket, GitHub and Jenkins
- Proficiency in tools: Jira (expert), Confluence, Google Suite, Slack with excellent knowledge in building reports from Jira on ticket status.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate ideas in a fast-paced creative environment
- Remote position, but in ideal state, able to travel occasionally between New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles offices as needed. If you are on the East Coast, this is ideal to also work with our European counterparts. Flexibility on schedule ideal to match different timezones as needed.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Who We Are
Founded in 1998, Blackstone Talent Group is one of three divisions of Blackstone Technology Group. The other two divisions are Blackstone Federal, a premier engineering + transformation agency that serves the federal government, and Trellis Energy, the largest transaction management software firm fully dedicated to serving the natural gas industry. Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global IT services, solutions and resourcing firm. Headquartered in San Francisco, Blackstone now has more than 300+ employees across five offices nationwide. Blackstone Technology Group’s mission is to help clients adapt to the demands of a digital world, and has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results to a client list that includes Fortune 100 businesses and US federal, state and local government.
WHAT WE DO
We provide contract, permanent and managed resource services to our clients. We source for commercial businesses and non-profits, as well as government clients requiring security clearances from public trust through multiple levels of top secret. Some of our skill specialties are IT, IT Operations, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Executive Search.
HOW WE DO IT
Our team never stops building connections with talent. And our network of fully-vetted, ready-to-work professionals allows us to provide exceptional speed and accuracy in our resource delivery that is unmatched in the industry. With a relationship-first engagement approach, we most often become a trusted partner with our clients and operate as an extension of their organizations.